Program-Specific Info / Q's Georgia State Interview 10/28

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTsarah

Reaction score
just got invited to interview for the OT/M program at Georgia State on the 28th! Anyone else going?

Members don't see this ad.

just got invited to interview for the OT/M program at Georgia State on the 28th! Anyone else going?
Hey I applied to Georgia State too. Haven't heard back yet. Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got invited yesterday and will be there on the 28th! I sent in my application around August 15th or so.

@TayLaw From your avatar, I assume you are male. Are you suiting up for the interview?

See yall at the group interview! I'll be the only marine mammal there so I'll be easy to recognize. Say Hi! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Me too. What should we expect?
I have no idea!! I don't know anyone who's interviewed here... its also a newer program. I really don't know anything about their interview process I was hoping someone on here would!

I have no idea!! I don't know anyone who's interviewed here... its also a newer program. I really don't know anything about their interview process I was hoping someone on here would!
unfortunately, the person who I've been talking to who has graduated from the program said there was no interview process when she applied.

I did their interview last year! We had a one on one interview, a tour, and we had to do a group activity while 2 professors observed how we worked together with others in a team.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@TayLaw From your avatar, I assume you are male. Are you suiting up for the interview?

See yall at the group interview! I'll be the only marine mammal there so I'll be easy to recognize. Say Hi! ;)

I do plan on suiting up for it! I'll be on the look out for a beluga running around.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I came here hoping to find some information myself. I'm a bit removed from my undergraduate degree and transitioning from the marketing field, so all I really have to go on is my experience from post-undergraduate job interviews.

I did their interview last year! We had a one on one interview, a tour, and we had to do a group activity while 2 professors observed how we worked together with others in a team.
that's so interesting I've never heard of any school doing an observed group activity! do you go there now or did you go to another school?

that's so interesting I've never heard of any school doing an observed group activity! do you go there now or did you go to another school?

I was waitlisted after my interview. I attend Brenau University now for MSOT!

I still haven’t heard back from them yet! Should I be worried?

At the open house, they mentioned some applicants would be notified of acceptance as early as December, some as late as January, maybe February, so although it's conjecture, I imagine they will have multiple waves of applicant reviews... But you should ALWAYS worry! ;)

hi! do you mind sharing any info about the interview itself? how long did it last, and how many interviewers? any specific questions you might remember? I have it tomorrow and I'm so nervous! thanks :)

hi! do you mind sharing any info about the interview itself? how long did it last, and how many interviewers? any specific questions you might remember? I have it tomorrow and I'm so nervous! thanks :)

I think the interview lasted 6 hours for me because I was one of the last people to interview. I had a 1-1 interview and there was about 20 of us. I know they’re very research heavy so they ask questions about your research experience and fields you might be interested in! It’s been a while so it’s hard for me to remember. But just be yourself & be confident! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have an interview as well on Nov. 11th! Let me know how your interview goes!

Anxiously awaiting judgment! I need in man, I can't go back to Sea World.

I just got an email that I was accepted today!! anyone else?

@OTsarah Hello classmate, I got my acceptance letter today too. WOOT WOOT!

@cassie.lynn We have to confirm by Nov. 26. Acceptance is also contingent on passing Gross Anat and Medical Conditions during summer prior to official start.

I got my acceptance email late yesterday as well!

I also got my acceptance email yesterday! Does anyone know if there is a security deposit for accepting the seat?

yay! I was wondering about the deposit as well. the offer letter doesn't address it, but I'm assuming once we "accept", we will be given directions on how to do so lol

Hello future peers! I'm really excited for our shared journey to August 2022 and beyond.

Anyone else finishing their last classes this semester? I'm completing Physics (was required elsewhere) and I'm so ready to purge all quantitative/Physics/higher level math outta my brain to make space for Gross, Pathology, and all things OT.

We have about 150 days before Gross/Pathology starts. With several hundred muscles, O/I, and innervations, I decided I'm going to try to review 5 muscles and also briefly study 5 medical conditions/terminology daily. In my former life, I was an illustrator/Photoshop wizard/social media/digital person so I tend to create content/tools, so I made simple worksheets for that. ATTACHED.

I've also been bookmarking quality sources of content.

Sam Webster - Anatomy videos by House MD doppelganger.

RegisteredNurseRN - Medical conditions along with physiology - RegisteredNurseRN
Epic Muscles/O/I/Nerve/Action list - List of skeletal muscles of the human body - Wikipedia

Would anyone be interested in a Discord or non-Facebook group for our cohort? Just an idea.

I go by Jimi, and my email is [email protected]
Holler!

Attachments

• Pathology Five BACK.pdf
    367.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Gross Anatomy Daily Five FRONT.pdf
    356.4 KB · Views: 92
Hi just wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear back from GSU or know anything about their waitlist? I interviewed on January 10th and I know that was the last day of interviews. Thanks!

Hi just wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear back from GSU or know anything about their waitlist? I interviewed on January 10th and I know that was the last day of interviews. Thanks!

I’m also waiting to hear back. I don’t know any details about the waitlist though. I’ve been wondering if it’s active or not yet :/

I originally got waitlisted December 13th, I got accepted two days later. A friend of mine also got waitlisted the same date as me, and she got accepted around a week ago!

I originally got waitlisted December 13th, I got accepted two days later. A friend of mine also got waitlisted the same date as me, and she got accepted around a week ago!
Oh okay, thanks so much for your response! I just got an email today that I'm waitlisted. Any chance you'd be willing to share your stats? Just wondering if I have any chance of getting in. I've been waitlisted for three schools and I'm starting to lose hope!

Oh okay, thanks so much for your response! I just got an email today that I'm waitlisted. Any chance you'd be willing to share your stats? Just wondering if I have any chance of getting in. I've been waitlisted for three schools and I'm starting to lose hope!

Yeah!

Psychology Major/Gerontology Minor
GPA: 3.79 GPA
Pre Req: 3.80
Strictly OT Shadowing Hours: 300+ within 5 different settings (hand therapy, aquatic, hippo therapy, skilled nursing, hospital)
GRE: 149 V 145 Q 4.5 W

My GRE was super low, but my interview seemed to go really well!

I’m still waiting to hear back. Trying to stay positive. Anyone else?

Same here. I’m not sure if you’d know the answer to this but I was wondering. Once their cohort is full will they let us know or do they just wait until April 1st to send out denials?

Same here. I’m not sure if you’d know the answer to this but I was wondering. Once their cohort is full will they let us know or do they just wait until April 1st to send out denials?

Hi! I was waitlisted there last year after my interview in November. I was informed in February that they had filled up their cohort and were denying everyone else on the waitlist. So if they conducted interviews like they did last year, I would expect them to inform you when their cohort is full!

Reactions: 1 users
I’m not sure but I’d assume they’d be considerate enough to let everyone know as soon as possible so they could move on or accept invitations from other schools. From what I’ve read on here, it looks like they’re giving people about a week to respond to their acceptance letters. Hopefully since they already conducted their last interviews they’ll know sooner than April!

Hi! I was waitlisted there last year after my interview in November. I was informed in February that they had filled up their cohort and were denying everyone else on the waitlist. So if they conducted interviews like they did last year, I would expect them to inform you when their cohort is full!

thank you!

Hi there! Sorry to be so creepy, but I'm to that point now! haha. I noticed in your posts that you said the year you applied to OT school you were waitlisted for all 7 schools you interviewed for. I am almost in the same boat as you, so I thought I would reach out. This is my second year applying. Last year I applied to 4 schools and interviewed at 3, and was waitlisted for all 3 and did not hear back. This year, I applied to 7 schools, interviewed at 6, and at this point, I have been waitlisted for 3 and I'm still waiting to hear back from 3.

I also noticed that you said you got off the waitlist for two schools on the same day! I was just curious to know if following that day, you ever heard back from any schools? Did you do anything following your waitlist notifications to reach out to the schools you were waitlisted for?

I am starting to lose hope, but I know it is early. This is such a stressful process and I am really really hoping to get in this year, so I was just wondering how it all went for you! I hope you are thriving in OT school! I really appreciate any feedback :)

Hi! Dont lose hope yet!! I didnt hear back from schools i was waitlisted at until the end of March/Early April. When I found out I got accepted to both schools I immediately emailed the rememaining schools that I was waitlisted at and asked for them to remove me from their lists, but that I was grateful to have been considered for their programs.

Also, thank you! I am loving OT school! It’s definitely challenging but overall i’m very happy. In the meantime, try to build up your resume with OT-relevant experience (volunteering, job related, etc) and maybe retake courses that you recieved a C in. OT school is incredibly COMPETITIVE! It’s not completely unusual for it to take more than 1 try to get in. I read somewhere that like 8% of all applicants get in each year- so you are not alone. I wish you the best of luck and I really do hope that you get some good news soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Dont lose hope yet!! I didnt hear back from schools i was waitlisted at until the end of March/Early April. When I found out I got accepted to both schools I immediately emailed the rememaining schools that I was waitlisted at and asked for them to remove me from their lists, but that I was grateful to have been considered for their programs.

Also, thank you! I am loving OT school! It’s definitely challenging but overall i’m very happy. In the meantime, try to build up your resume with OT-relevant experience (volunteering, job related, etc) and maybe retake courses that you recieved a C in. OT school is incredibly COMPETITIVE! It’s not completely unusual for it to take more than 1 try to get in. I read somewhere that like 8% of all applicants get in each year- so you are not alone. I wish you the best of luck and I really do hope that you get some good news soon!

this is my first time applying and I’m waitlisted at every school I interviewed at. It’s nice to read stories like this! Thank you for sharing.

Did anyone else get an email from GSU last week asking if you still wanted to remain on the wait-list?

Finally heard back last night and got accepted into the program