Georgria State Univerity - MPH Program

Discussion in 'Public Health Degrees (Masters and Doctoral)' started by explorer83, Dec 7, 2008.

1. explorer83

Other Health Professions Student
    I'm beginning at GSU in January to work towards obtaining a Master's of Public Health. I plan on concentrating in Prevention Science, which includes Epidemiology. Has anyone here attended Georgia State?

If not, have you heard anything about it's reputation or how well it's regarded? I'm going there essentially as a result of economics and convenience. It is relatively cheap and so far able to be flexible with my work schedule.

2. joegrind

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I did my undergrad and M.Sc. Bio there. It's an up and coming school with an excellent Biology Dept. It is very affordable and flexible schedule: perfect for those which have to work their way through college. Their nursing program is pretty good too. I have no idea about the MPH other than my supervisor who has a phd/ md is currently on his second semester there and finds it very challenging.

3. VaidyaKumari

2+ Year Member

Lucky you.Congratulations on your venture of getting into MPH @GSU.As far the reputation is concerned,its a very gud school and is in convinent location.
    Can i ask you how much was your GRE score and all other requirements if u dont mind? I got rejected from GSU for MPH.:(:(

4. explorer83

Thanks! I had a 1230 on the GRE and a 3.4 in General Biology, if that helps.