Geriatric pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

glowinglimabean

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really need some advice. Currently I am looking into joining the Air force during pharmacy school. I am seriously considering it because: I don't mind traveling, it will lift of the weight of debt that I will have hanging over me, I don't want to be working in retail, and I think it will sharpen my knowledge in clinical pharmacy. What I am really passionate about is geriatrics. I definitely can see myself working in a hospice. I am scared that getting in the air force will derail me from geriatrics. I could settle for being a consulting pharmacist or clinical pharmacist because I find that interesting as well. Anyways, I was checking into specialties and I noticed there isn't one for long-term care. So I guess you do a residency instead?