Geriatrics rotation: Common disease states?

Started by pinkyrx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pinkyrx

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which disease states will you most commonly see in the geriatric population? I know it could be basically anything, but I'm just trying to think of the more common ones.

Alzheimers, Parkinson's, CHF, BPH, HTN, diabetes, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, constipation, insomnia... what else?
 
respiratory infections, cough, arthritis

I'm trying to think about the oldies that I used to work with at a nursing home...

vision loss, hearing loss, loss of appetite, aches, wound healing problems due to diabetes, cancer

Geriatric website with relevant conditions on the left
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The ones I saw the most were constipation, depression, anemia, DM, HTN, stroke, and HF.