How many states are you licenced in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many states are you currently licensed in?

• Total voters

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun exercise.

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve got 4 and 3 of them are primary licenses. I loooooove taking the NAPLEX.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Once was enough for me

Members don't see this ad :)
I might do WA MPJE next time I have time off (prob study a day or 2) to further my goal of resettling in Canada

say you are already a pharmacist and you apply for license transfer to multiple states with the NABP- you can take your time and send in the application to those individual states as long as it is within a year of your NABP's application right? say you need to study for state A, after you are done with the exam, you can send in application to state B, then done with state B, send in application to state C etc? and every ATT will be valid for one year from the day you apply to that state (in essence buying you more time to study if you don't need those licenses right away)

At my peak I had 4 licenses. Now just 1.

Just one...got to keep paper work nice, organized, and streamlined. Enough BS government regulation to keep up with, AKA "adulting"...like to spend as little time as possible in having to manage (stay well ahead of the game/not have to think or go down to the wire hitting deadlines). Working retail pharmacy has inspired me to never procrastinate (all too common)

say you are already a pharmacist and you apply for license transfer to multiple states with the NABP- you can take your time and send in the application to those individual states as long as it is within a year of your NABP's application right? say you need to study for state A, after you are done with the exam, you can send in application to state B, then done with state B, send in application to state C etc? and every ATT will be valid for one year from the day you apply to that state (in essence buying you more time to study if you don't need those licenses right away)

Yes but some states have time limits on how long their MPJE scores are good for. I passed Oregon for example but waited too long to send in my application and was required to retake the MPJE. I decided not to spend the money.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes but some states have time limits on how long their MPJE scores are good for. I passed Oregon for example but waited too long to send in my application and was required to retake the MPJE. I decided not to spend the money.

thanks. But don't you need to apply to the state first before you can take their MPJE? It's probably different at the time you took it (though I know some states require you to take the MPJE first before you can apply)

thanks. But don't you need to apply to the state first before you can take their MPJE? It's probably different at the time you took it (though I know some states require you to take the MPJE first before you can apply)
You need to apply to test on the NABP website first so that the state can give you your ATT. You are correct that there are a few states that you must pass the MPJE before ever submitting an application to the board.

Reactions: 1 user
One day I'll jump the fence on the B.C. border
...check the housing prices up there first, and also the pharmacist salaries. It's crazy. You might need a cross-border commute to make this even sort of possible.

It would not be a commute. I would claim asylum