Gestational Diabetes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whynotme?

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Very concerned for my aunt who has developed gestational diabetes during her 7 month of pregancy. Her blood sugar recently was 640. Isn't this very high? I was thinking that coma was around 700? Am I way off on this? Also, what risks does this pregnancy carry with this diagnosis? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant 4 years ago. As long as she watches her diet she should be fine. I had to eat often, healthy nutritious stuff. The main risk for your aunt would be that she is more likely to develop Adult onset Type II diabetes later in life. Diet is the key. Watch her blood pressure and make sure she gets her annual physical. My case was not that serious. But you will probably want to help your aunt keep up with her prenatal visits (if possible). As long as she is eating healthy, I don't think the baby will suffer any adverse effects. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. Diabetes is prevalent in our family so I will be sure to pass on the information. Thanks again for your help. :)