Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Get a job to put on application, or e-submit now?

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Buzz1012, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Buzz1012

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I need some opinions. I pretty much have all of my questions done and my materials submitted to PTCAS. However, I am unemployed right now. I took time off to get more shadowing hours and because I moved to a different town, and then I was in my CNA class. I have interviews to set up with ATI and a couple other places for Rehab Tech positions. Should I wait to submit until I have a job to list on my application, or should I get it submitted ASAP?????? Need some suggestions. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PT2Bee

2+ Year Member

Physical Therapist
    I was unemployed when I applied and it had no weight during my application process. As long as you are doing something (observing, volunteering, etc) it doesn't matter. I was never asked a questions about previous employment or why I had a gap.

PS you want to get your app out ASAP, especially if you are applying to rolling admissions schools. If you don't get the job, then what? You just sat on your application for no reason. Submit it

Buzz1012 and ptdude66 like this.
  4. Buzz1012

2+ Year Member

Pre-Physical Therapy
    I agreed with what you said, PT2Bee. I just e-submitted. Thanks for the advice.