Get a job to put on application, or e-submit now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buzz1012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some opinions. I pretty much have all of my questions done and my materials submitted to PTCAS. However, I am unemployed right now. I took time off to get more shadowing hours and because I moved to a different town, and then I was in my CNA class. I have interviews to set up with ATI and a couple other places for Rehab Tech positions. Should I wait to submit until I have a job to list on my application, or should I get it submitted ASAP?????? Need some suggestions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was unemployed when I applied and it had no weight during my application process. As long as you are doing something (observing, volunteering, etc) it doesn't matter. I was never asked a questions about previous employment or why I had a gap.

PS you want to get your app out ASAP, especially if you are applying to rolling admissions schools. If you don't get the job, then what? You just sat on your application for no reason. Submit it

Reactions: 1 users
I was unemployed when I applied and it had no weight during my application process. As long as you are doing something (observing, volunteering, etc) it doesn't matter. I was never asked a questions about previous employment or why I had a gap.

PS you want to get your app out ASAP, especially if you are applying to rolling admissions schools. If you don't get the job, then what? You just sat on your application for no reason. Submit it
I agreed with what you said, PT2Bee. I just e-submitted. Thanks for the advice.