wintergreen

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hi. I need some advice. I was accepted to dental school and have already graduated, but am taking another class that is not required (but recommended). I did not do well on the first test and wanted to know if I should just withdraw from the class. Is this allowed or am I required to finish the class? Will the "W" hurt me? Thanks.

pmantz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Milwaukee
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hi. I need some advice. I was accepted to dental school and have already graduated, but am taking another class that is not required (but recommended). I did not do well on the first test and wanted to know if I should just withdraw from the class. Is this allowed or am I required to finish the class? Will the "W" hurt me? Thanks.

I am in a similar circumstance, I called the dean of admissions and asked if it would be a problem. I was told it wasn't a big deal. Its in Spanish 3 and I suck at lanquages, I am getting all A's and a D right now it really sucks. If I take it during the summer I can definately do much better. Its just hard to write a thesis, do research, write a manuscript and take two upper division science classes, along with a lanquage.

About the Ads

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Take the "w", since you already have all the prerequisites done.

OregonDent

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I would call and tell them that you are currently taking a class that is not required for your degree or for dental school. Then tell them you want to withdraw from the class so that you can start working to save money for next year. I'm sure they'll understand. I would not tell them that you are not doing so hot int he class though.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.