Gettin stuck in Snow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is happening way too often... stuck in Boulder, CO!

Woke up and saw a mountain lion climbing up the drive way.... took off before I could grab my camera.. but I thought I would kill time taking some pics..

img8532processedat6.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

You *****, that road is perfectly drivable. Go back to Texas....where they put chains on their tires for 1" of snow on flat ground....

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are gorgeous pictures;)... I miss snows so so much. Here in Texas, Dallas and Houston haven't got any snow so far.:(

What kind of camera are you using Epic? Those have amazing detail.

You're stuck in that snow? Really...that is nothing...especially for Colorado.

You're stuck in that snow? Really...that is nothing...especially for Colorado.

Oh, please. :) Yesterday was nothing. Sure it snowed hard all day. Public transportation didn't stop running, they actually got snowplows out, few people lost power and I drove around the city a little slowly, but pretty effortlessly. Christmas last year was a different story - in fact, the city was basically paralyzed for a month and a half.

Hang on, Epic. There's another one coming tonight and tomorrow. Significant snow, but no big deal really.

Nice pics of the People's Republic of Boulder and Denver Metro in the distance, though.

Florida has a great weather, it is always around 20 degrees Celsius here.

You will like the schools here (PBA, NOVA, LECOM, UF).

Members don't see this ad :)
That looks exactly like where I just moved from. No thanks! 8 months of winter was to much for me to handle

I love the snow and actually don't mind the cold weather! I wonder how many people on here are from Colorado.

Those are gorgeous pictures;)... I miss snows so so much. Here in Texas, Dallas and Houston haven't got any snow so far.:(

Like is there anything you can do for fun in this state?

I am guessing you will not find a lot of hot and young girls in bikinis here.

You *****, that road is perfectly drivable. Go back to Texas....where they put chains on their tires for 1" of snow on flat ground....

Yeah.. road looks drivable... what you don't see is the steepest 75 yards of driveway where I took the pictures from. My eccentric vegetarian in-laws live on a side of a mountain with this backyard.

8540resizedql6.jpg

That looks exactly like where I just moved from. No thanks! 8 months of winter was to much for me to handle

It's a few miles up the mountain on Linden from Broadway. You know where that is?

neighbor's car stuck at the bottom of the hill.

resizedpl7.jpg

Florida has a great weather, it is always around 20 degrees Celsius here.

You will like the schools here (PBA, NOVA, LECOM, UF).

Yeah? You think those schools will accept me? My GPA is little low..

What kind of camera are you using Epic? Those have amazing detail.

Canon 20D. It's about 2 years old. Canon has since released 30D and 40D.
It's really not about the camera. More important is the lens. Of course more important than the lens is the subject... being at the right place at the right time to capture the image.

I took the pictures with a Tamron lens, shutter speed at 30 sec with aperture at 4.0. On a tripod of course.

Waiting for an avalanche.. so some kid says.. :D

8473resizedma0.jpg

And a postcard ....

img8481copysw1.jpg

Hah! You ain't that fast. Besides...what are you going to tell your daughter after killing Bambi?

So...do I get the 5D or wait for the next body? 40D?

Can't go wrong with 40D...but it's not full frame 35mm equivalent.. so there is a 1.6X factor. But if you get 40D, you will always ponder "what would 5D do?"

Remember, 5D is a professional grade camera. 40D will make a nice backup.

I am going to get a 5D.. sometime in 2008. I'm not sure how low price will drop. It's at $2199.... I would pull the trigger at $1500...but not sure it will go that low.

Get 5D if you plan on doing professional photography work. If not, go with 40D.

But by all means, stay away from Nikon...:smuggrin:

Can't go wrong with 40D...but it's not full frame 35mm equivalent.. so there is a 1.6X factor. But if you get 40D, you will always ponder "what would 5D do?"

Remember, 5D is a professional grade camera. 40D will make a nice backup.

I am going to get a 5D.. sometime in 2008. I'm not sure how low price will drop. It's at $2199.... I would pull the trigger at $1500...but not sure it will go that low.

Get 5D if you plan on doing professional photography work. If not, go with 40D.

Yeah...I'm all about the full frame, which is why I had decided on the 5D. Why are they phasing out the 35 mm equiv? I can wait if they're coming out with a new model. But otherwise I'll go for it pretty soon.

Yeah...I'm all about the full frame, which is why I had decided on the 5D. Why are they phasing out the 35 mm equiv? I can wait if they're coming out with a new model. But otherwise I'll go for it pretty soon.

They are not phasing out full frame. Canon 1D and 5D are full frames. I think there are features on 40D which are more advanced than on 5D...so they're upgrading.. I think either 7D or 5D-II is what Canon will call it.

There are very few Digital Full Frame cameras. Most DSLR are 1.6X rated.

Or you can get a full frame Nikon D3.. at about $5000...

They are not phasing out full frame. Canon 1D and 5D are full frames. I think there are features on 40D which are more advanced than on 5D...so they're upgrading.. I think either 7D or 5D-II is what Canon will call it.

There are very few Digital Full Frame cameras. Most DSLR are 1.6X rated.

Or you can get a full frame Nikon D3.. at about $5000...

Heh, no...not going with the 1D.

Maybe they'll call it EOS 3D (vs. Nikon's D3) ;)

I think I'll wait to see what they're doing next...if it's an improved 5D that's similarly priced, I'll go with the new one. If they're making a lower-priced full frame that isn't as comparable, I'll just go with the 5D.

You know...

Maybe you should go with 40D and save $1000. Then you can get a couple of 2 to 4GB compact flash cards, 580EX flash, extra batteries, and decent lenses. You need 70-200 f2.8 IS. It's a must. I think 40D is rated for 100,000+ frames... so 3 to 5 years, once you get tired of it, perhaps we'll see low cost full frame DSLRs...

And a bag.

You know...

Maybe you should go with 40D and save $1000. Then you can get a couple of 2 to 4GB compact flash cards, 580EX flash, extra batteries, and decent lenses. You need 70-200 f2.8 IS. It's a must. I think 40D is rated for 100,000+ frames... so 3 to 5 years, once you get tired of it, perhaps we'll see low cost full frame DSLRs...

And a bag.

Decisions decisions...I can get the 5D now for $1850 including shipping.

But I already have the bag :p

canonhn7.png

Your horns are playing :horns:

Decisions decisions...I can get the 5D now for $1850 including shipping.

But I already have the bag :p

canonhn7.png

Your horns are playing :horns:

I don't think that bag is big enough..

I hope ASU coaches reviewed Texas A&M vs texas game tape... it shows how to shred apart texas.

I don't think that bag is big enough..

I hope ASU coaches reviewed Texas A&M vs texas game tape... it shows how to shred apart texas.

I use it now for short trips...it doesn't carry everything obviously...just a few of my fave lenses. Why...what do you use, a suitcase?

Texas showed up for this one.

Deer meat is nasty. It's like beef's ******ed brother who wears lime green jumpsuits. Yeah, sure, it'll give you that "look at me, I'm a rugged mountain man" feeling, but cow is and forever will be the tastiest of animals.

Deer meat is nasty. It's like beef's ******ed brother who wears lime green jumpsuits. Yeah, sure, it'll give you that "look at me, I'm a rugged mountain man" feeling, but cow is and forever will be the tastiest of animals.

You don't like venison? Some complain it's gamey but I don't taste it at all.