Getting acceptance from a program BUT waiting for the decision of another one?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentistica

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I badly need an advice.:(
I got a letter of acceptance from my least preferred program and they ask for nonrefundable deposite ( a really big amount!!)that is due within one week, at the same time I'm waiting for the decision of my most preferred program, expected after 2 weeks from now.. My question, shall I send to them the acceptance letter to urge them taking an early decision about my application or that might be considered inappropriate and too pushy..

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be honest and let those other programs know that you got accepted in "one" program, but without naming it, just in case. Be frank about your concerns, since this happens all the time. If they push you with the question in which program you got accepted, be honest, but don't give that information if they didn't ask for it. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Schools do it on purpose to make money playing on your emotions. No harm in trying, but most likely you will have to pay deposit

Reactions: 1 user
I think you should be honest and let those other programs know that you got accepted in "one" program, but without naming it, just in case. Be frank about your concerns, since this happens all the time. If they push you with the question in which program you got accepted, be honest, but don't give that information if they didn't ask for it. Best of luck.
Actually the other school told us that if anyone of the candidate got acceptance letter from other program should notify them and send them the acceptance letter, till now I don't know what's the point from such request and I asked the other program that I accept the offer but I need more time to plan my finance actually it was an excuse to buy some time.. I'm afraid that being so transparent will risk everything