• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

    October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

    Register Now!

  • Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

    Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

    JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

    Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

    LEARN MORE

Getting acceptance from a program BUT waiting for the decision of another one?!

Dentistica

New Member
Feb 23, 2020
4
1
1
  1. Dentist
Hi everyone, I badly need an advice.:(
I got a letter of acceptance from my least preferred program and they ask for nonrefundable deposite ( a really big amount!!)that is due within one week, at the same time I'm waiting for the decision of my most preferred program, expected after 2 weeks from now.. My question, shall I send to them the acceptance letter to urge them taking an early decision about my application or that might be considered inappropriate and too pushy..
 

_balzac_

Full Member
Mar 27, 2020
11
5
11
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think you should be honest and let those other programs know that you got accepted in "one" program, but without naming it, just in case. Be frank about your concerns, since this happens all the time. If they push you with the question in which program you got accepted, be honest, but don't give that information if they didn't ask for it. Best of luck.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dentistica

New Member
Feb 23, 2020
4
1
1
  1. Dentist
I think you should be honest and let those other programs know that you got accepted in "one" program, but without naming it, just in case. Be frank about your concerns, since this happens all the time. If they push you with the question in which program you got accepted, be honest, but don't give that information if they didn't ask for it. Best of luck.
Actually the other school told us that if anyone of the candidate got acceptance letter from other program should notify them and send them the acceptance letter, till now I don't know what's the point from such request and I asked the other program that I accept the offer but I need more time to plan my finance actually it was an excuse to buy some time.. I'm afraid that being so transparent will risk everything
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.