Getting accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not to be stupid or anything, but just want to make sure I understand.

Once you get accepted to a particular school, you MUST send in the $100 (or whatever it is) to hold your place or they will remove you from the accepted list within 2 weeks?

And this indicates NO formal intention to matriculate at the school, it simply indicates that you want to hold a spot on the accepted list until you formally make a decision by March 15th (or whatever the date is, I cant remember)?

I was just checking, because the tone of SLU's acceptance letter is that if you respond, they definitely expect you to matriculate there. It says the following: "Enclosed please find my $100 payment, in favor of St Louis Univ School of Medicine, indicating my intention to register as a first year student in 2002"

Members don't see this ad.

That wording should be strong enough to scare you into calling them and finding out for sure. :)

It says "intention", what are they going to do about if you change your mind? I doubt they will hold you to anything. My friend who was accepted there last year paid the 100$ but then chose to go somewhere else in May. Send them your money if you would actually go to the school (ie if it was your only acceptance) unless you really don't want to go there under any circumstances. Also, I'm sure you'll get many acceptances to choose from, you don't have to accept all of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
They can't make you go to SLU if you want to go to another school. :) I already sent my 100 bucks in, but I think I could end up at a different school.

Just send in the $100 for now to hold onto your place. They can't force you to go there if you don't want to. You can always withdraw your place once you get into a school higher on your list.

I think that if you do choose to go to another school that "reservation" fee is refundable (up to a certain date)...

hey Baylor...when did you hear?

most schools require the deposit to hold your place in the class, but you are free to decide to go somewhere else. no one can force you to go anywhere! for many schools, if you ultimately decide to go somewhere else, your deposit is refundable as long as you withdraw before may 15, the day when everyone with multiple acceptances is supposed to narrow their choices down to one.

Originally posted by Darwin:
•hey Baylor...when did you hear?•

Been gone for a few days, but came back yesterday (wednesday, 10/24) and it was waiting for me. It was postmarked 10/16.

I wanted to make sure about the wording in that acceptance letter myself - so I called SLU and they said you can get your $100 deposit back if you withdraw in writing by May 15th (as sandflea said).