Getting Excited!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweet2th

ready to roll
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I alone here when I say that I am SOOO excited the more I study?! The more I study, the more I feel closer to what I want to do and where I want to be. People ask me how the studying is going and I feel really lame, but I say that I am really enjoying it! This is my second round of Kaplan and MCAT preparation but I am in a much different mind-set than ever before. :D

Members don't see this ad.

I like studying. I know that sounds really lame. But I do like studying. This stuff is hard so when I do well I really feel like I have accomplished something.

I also know what you mean about feeling like you're getting closer. I kinda trick myself into thinking once I take the MCAT it's all downhill. Yeah. Right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh it's fun...lol :laugh: however looking back after you're done reading, seeing the thick books you've just studied to measure the breadth of your achievement...yeah

BrettBatchelor said:
If by excited you mean nervous then yes I am getting excited.

You have until August, you'll be ok :p think about what the April people are feeling! :scared:

Teerawit said:
Oh it's fun...lol :laugh: however looking back after you're done reading, seeing the thick books you've just studied to measure the breadth of your achievement...yeah

My folks are moving so I just threw out all my binders from M1 and M2 years - it was so much stuff I felt sick. I can't believe I ever actually read all that stuff.

beary said:
My folks are moving so I just threw out all my binders from M1 and M2 years - it was so much stuff I felt sick. I can't believe I ever actually read all that stuff.
i threw out all that stuff a few weeks ago, it felt soooooooooo good. especially the anatomy. :smuggrin:

i wasnt going to use my lecture notes for USMLE studying anyways so I figured what the hell.

I'm excited in the sense that I also feel once I take the MCAT I will be one step closer.

I have the same feeling. As everyday goes by and the more I study, I feel happy. I can't believe that I'm finally a few months away from achieving my goal. I hope I have the same feeling once I get my April MCAT scores back!

I just can't push myself to study anymore...what's wrong with me??? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
sweet2th said:
Am I alone here when I say that I am SOOO excited the more I study?! The more I study, the more I feel closer to what I want to do and where I want to be. People ask me how the studying is going and I feel really lame, but I say that I am really enjoying it! This is my second round of Kaplan and MCAT preparation but I am in a much different mind-set than ever before. :D
I have to say that I didn't feel very excited while studying. I felt tired and overworked....kind of like now. :p If any of you are taking the Kaplan practice tests, you know what I mean when I say that their PS sections will drain away your will to live. They are ridiculously hard compared to the real test. But I did feel excited during the first section of the actual test when I saw the physics problems and was like, wow, I know this stuff! I can answer these!

Anyway, on this note, I'm going to get some sleep. And good luck to all of us with important April deadlines; the final copy of my thesis is due around the same time as the MCAT. :eek:

QofQuimica said:
I have to say that I didn't feel very excited while studying. I felt tired and overworked....kind of like now. :p If any of you are taking the Kaplan practice tests, you know what I mean when I say that their PS sections will drain away your will to live. They are ridiculously hard compared to the real test. But I did feel excited during the first section of the actual test when I saw the physics problems and was like, wow, I know this stuff! I can answer these!

Anyway, on this note, I'm going to get some sleep. And good luck to all of us with important April deadlines; the final copy of my thesis is due around the same time as the MCAT. :eek:

dont be modest, admit it Q... you felt that way during EVERY section of the MCAT you freaking genius. :p

Teerawit said:
I just can't push myself to study anymore...what's wrong with me??? :eek:

meeee too... I have absolutely no drive to study hard core right now- hopefully it's just a temporary thing (being burned out is no time to be studying for mcats :( )

Now, if I could just find a way to block sdn from myself...then I could force myself to study more. :)

Give it another couple of months. By then, you guys will be so sick of Jordan and Jon, you'll want to puke. ;)

What do you mean a couple of months??? I'm already sick of Jordan and Jon!!!! And i'm puking right now. No just kidding. But their voices are getting really tiring. They had better be helping me.

I go back and forth. Some days I'm excited to go to my MCAT class, and other days I want to cry...especially after I saw my first diagnostic scores, I freaked out.

Nikki2002 said:
AND YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY AND EXCITED!! The MCAT is super fun--i'm taking it in april and august just for kicks!! Guju loves the MCAT too!!!

Whatever. Let's not confuse me with you and your warped out ideas. :laugh: :laugh:

I despise the MCAT, but I shall study it with a good attitude so I can get a good score.

I will keep my head up high and do what I need to.

sweet2th said:

It's not lame. I for one have enjoyed every part of my journey thus far.

princessd3 said:
It's not lame. I for one have enjoyed every part of my journey thus far.

I enjoyed classes and school and meeting new people, and having fun. But enjoying the MCAT...............HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FREAKINGGGGGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NapeSpikes said:
Give it another couple of months. By then, you guys will be so sick on Jordan and Jon, you'll want to puke. ;)

I think last year, when I took the MCAT, I wanted to puke right before the scores came out. I was sooooooooooo nervous that I was feeling choky.

NapeSpikes said:
Oh yeah, I was more nervous for scores than for the actual test. Definitely!

Shh... These are things that should not be shared with other people. I'm just telling myself that once this test is over I'll be one happy happy person! :)

shantster said:
Shh... These are things that should not be shared with other people. I'm just telling myself that once this test is over I'll be one happy happy person! :)
I have my good score plans and my bad score plans already laid out.
Both will probably involve crying.

gujuDoc said:
But enjoying the MCAT...............HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FREAKINGGGGGGGGGGGGG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Amen Guju.

MCAT was a test specifically written by sadists whose nights involve dressing up in BDSM fetish gear and attaching metal clamps to their sensitive areas. And those who will enjoy the MCAT........yeeeesh...words escape me.

sweet2th said:

You say that now...but get back to us in March and tell us how much you *love* studying for the MCAT :laugh:

Seriously though, I applaud your enthusiasm. It's a long road, but keep plugging away. Good luck! :luck:

The only time we'll love the MCAT is when we are studying for step 1 and 2 wishing it was easier like the MCAT, since the USMLE steps make the MCAT look like cake. Then we'll look back to days of easier times.

In the meanwhile, lets work hard.

RayhanS1282 said:
MCAT was a test specifically written by sadists whose nights involve dressing up in BDSM fetish gear and attaching metal clamps to their sensitive areas. And those who will enjoy the MCAT........yeeeesh...words escape me.

are you trying to say that guju is a masochist? how dare you!

I took April 05 MCAT while balancing betweem my full-time job and family life. I must say I really enjoyed studying for MCAT too. It was fun to go from Verbal section to Physics to biology to gen chem, org. chem. I am gonna start studying for August 06 MCAT. Not sure where to start though.

sweet2th said: