I am only getting 73% of my PS questions right from U-Earth, bad sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Last Reclaimer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am only getting 73% correct for PS (the easiest section) in U-world. I am learning from each passage I do, but how concerning is this for me? According to this link I am only around 126.

Members don't see this ad.

When you review the passages, why are you getting the questions wrong? Is it a lack of knowledge of the topic, misunderstanding the question, or silly errors (selecting the wrong answer)? It’s hard to know what this means without knowing how much you’ve studied and why you’re getting questions wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
It is not a bad score by any means. Reframing it, you feel uncomfortable and are still above the average. How far through the passages are you so far? (i.e. early, middle, about to finish all of them).

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Members don't see this ad :)
I convinced myself that getting 73% of questions right meant I am getting around a 126 based on this chart:

43/59 correct questions are 73% and that chart says I'm only 126.

This messed with me so badly that I shut down from studying from that day.

yes, I review each passage and the answers whether I got them right or wrong.

I convinced myself that getting 73% of questions right meant I am getting around a 126 based on this chart:

43/59 correct questions are 73% and that chart says I'm only 126.

This messed with me so badly that I shut down from studying from that day.

yes, I review each passage and the answers whether I got them right or wrong.

I've heard from high scorers that ~80% on UPangea will put you in the 515-520 range. In the end, doesn't really matter what you get tho as long as you are learning form the questions and doing the anki grind to get all the concepts down before the test. I'm the same percent as you and am gunning for a 520, and I think it is for sure achievable.

I struggled hard with PS. By testing day, I was about where you are at (low 70s) at UGaia and at about 80% for the other three sections. This translated to 129 for PS and 130 for the other three. YMMV.

I struggled hard with PS. By testing day, I was about where you are at (low 70s) at UGaia and at about 80% for the other three sections. This translated to 129 for PS and 130 for the other three. YMMV.
wow! I always thought/heard the PS section dwarfs compare to the BB and CP sections. I haven't started those sections yet so that's why I dont know already.

wow! I always thought/heard the PS section dwarfs compare to the BB and CP sections. I haven't started those sections yet so that's why I dont know already.
Many people seem to do well on/prefer P/S.

Point is, I think averaging 73% on that service means that you are reasonably likely to score reasonably competitively assuming you don't choke under pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user