Getting into graduate entry program in the Uk.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeFlower

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm a final biomedical student, (you could call it pre-med) and I want to get into medical school upon my graduation in 2010. I have very good grades and hoping to get through last year of Uni and finish with a first class as well as working stupidly hard preparing for next year's UKCAT entry exams .
I currently volunteer in a ward in a hospital and for summer this year, I volunteered in an orphanage in Nigeria and I'm also planning on getting other voluntary work with young children/adults here in the Uk to get a better feel for the different ages.
I am currently in the process of setting up some kind of medical research with one of the professors in my Uni - so I could have some kind of experience in clinical research and also chasing doctors so I could shaddow them (this hasn't been easy).
I'm just wondering if there's anything else I could do to boost my application as I know the competition to get into GEP is fierce!!! and other graduates seem to have ALOT of other qualifications than I do but I want to be considered and I'm ready to work as hard as I possibly can to get it or at least be given a shot at it.
I've already done the necessary research on my 4 schools of choice.

Is it too late to get the experience necessary as I gradutae July 2010? Will I be able to gain ample experience before I apply in October 2010? Are there any other things I could do to? HELP please!!!

Thanks in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.