Getting into pharmacy School without a Bachelors Degree??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngsoo1269

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It really depends on what school you want to apply to, there are many schools that don't require a bachelor and accept low GPA's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I'm 22 years old and I have been attending community college (citrus) for 4 years. I finished my last pre req (One quarter of physics required by most pharm schools) at cal poly pomona. I currently have no bachelors but I'm planning to take the PCAT in January. I'm sort of relying on my PCAT score because my overall gpa would be around 2.9-3.1. I didn't really try in my core classes but I'm hoping that a high PCAT score (85 +) will show that I know the material well. I have no experience in pharmacy but I'm currently studying for the Pharm tech exam.
Do I have a chance of getting into pharmacy school? If I do which schools would I have the highest chance of getting into?

Poor chance, somewhat decent chance to get into mediocre schools. Unlikely to get into a "good" school.

why is it so?
because that he is from CC?
or taking PCAT in Jan?

Isn't it obvious? He literally said that he didn't try in his core classes. University or CC, you should at least make an effort in your classes. ESPECIALLY at a CC, you should at least strive for something apart from average. If not, you'll definitely struggle through pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user
why is it so?
because that he is from CC?
or taking PCAT in Jan?

He's already missing 1/2 of the schools because of the January PCAT date. Secondly, he has an unimpressive GPA from CC. Like if this was his GPA after earning an engineering degree from a reputable 4 year university, that would not only be acceptable, but maybe even a good GPA given how challenging that would be. Lastly, he has zero experience in pharmacy, so even by extracurricular and work experience, he is behind. This will also cause him to be at a disadvantage during interviews compared to someone who has some kind of experience with pharmacy.

Honestly with no experience, low gpa, and no pcat score/no bac. degree, chances are low...

Aim for 90 percentile due to the no experience aspect to sort of make you stand out

They will ask "Why pharmacy" and you will not know how to answer it as you didn't work in the retail or hospital setting .

Honestly with no experience, low gpa, and no pcat score/no bac. degree, chances are low...

Aim for 90 percentile due to the no experience aspect to sort of make you stand out

They will ask "Why pharmacy" and you will not know how to answer it as you didn't work in the retail or hospital setting .
I got hired last month at cvs as a pharmacy technician. So i'll have some experience under my belt. My overall gpa came out to be 3.2 and my science gpa is 3.4 after pharmcas. Hopefully this will make my application more appealing

Reactions: 1 users
I got hired last month at cvs as a pharmacy technician. So i'll have some experience under my belt. My overall gpa came out to be 3.2 and my science gpa is 3.4 after pharmcas. Hopefully this will make my application more appealing
definitely, which schools are you planning on applying to ? are you from Cali?