Getting into UOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rawand

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm going to be a Junior in High School next year, and I am interested in applying for the UOP Pre-Pharmacy program. I'm interested in applying for the (2+3) program, which includes 2 years of undergraduate studies and 3 years of Pharmacy school. I really am not interested in trying to apply for the college unless I know that I will have a good chance of getting in. What I would like to know is if I will have a good chance of getting into UOP's Pre-Pharmacy program.

GPA: Hovering around a 4.0, but will hopefully be around a 4.05 by Sr. year.
Classes: By the end of senior year I will have taken 9 AP classes and 2 honors classes. These classes include Adv. Chemistry, Adv. Biology, US History, Micro/Macro Gov. and Econ., English, and Calc AB. I will be taking AP exams for at least 7 of these 9 AP classes.
SAT Score: I haven't taken the SAT yet but what would be an ideal score to get? How should I go about studying for it? I will defiantly strive to get the highest score possible.
Activities: I'm planning on volunteering at my local hospital for 4 hours a week, and will also be looking out for other volunteer opportunities in the medical field especially pharmacy. I also played on the soccer team Sophomore year, but I don't think I'll be participating my Jr. and Sr. year.

That's pretty much it for now if there's anything missing please let me know, and if you have any advise for me please include that as well. Cost isn't really an issue for me as I will be getting financial aide, and taking out student loans, but if there are other colleges that offer Pre-Pharmacy programs at a cheaper price please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

My sister applied for this program last year and was accepted into the 3+3 program. I'm not sure how hard it is to get into the 2+3 but as a reference, her stats were...

3.9 GPA (I think this was weighted, + she had a D in AP chem lol)
2180 SAT
Both SATIIs were above 700
Atleast 4's in AP chem, english, stats, gov & econ
Cross country, 300 hours of hospital volunteering, Yearbook, Debate president (she went to state and got awards there), Interact/Rotaract president & community service coordinator, & 2 state english awards for creative writing.

Honestly, she didnt have the best track record in science, she likes english/writing more so I was kind of surprised that she got in :rolleyes: I think that as long as your SATs are decent, & your science grades are strong, you'll stand good chance at their pre-pharm program. Good luck.

My sister applied for this program last year and was accepted into the 3+3 program. I'm not sure how hard it is to get into the 2+3 but as a reference, her stats were...

3.9 GPA (I think this was weighted, + she had a D in AP chem lol)
2180 SAT
Both SATIIs were above 700
Atleast 4's in AP chem, english, stats, gov & econ
Cross country, 300 hours of hospital volunteering, Yearbook, Debate president (she went to state and got awards there), Interact/Rotaract president & community service coordinator, & 2 state english awards for creative writing.

Honestly, she didnt have the best track record in science, she likes english/writing more so I was kind of surprised that she got in :rolleyes: I think that as long as your SATs are decent, & your science grades are strong, you'll stand good chance at their pre-pharm program. Good luck.

Wow, I'm amazed she got a D in AP chem and still scored a 4 on the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I'm amazed she got a D in AP chem and still scored a 4 on the test.

I actually believe she scored a 5 on chem lol. Her teacher was pretty ridiculous though, & I'm usually not one to blame the teacher. Fortunately for her, that first teacher left after first semester and so she got an A 2nd semester.

I guess what I mean by poor science record is that she had B's in pretty much all her bio courses, and didn't take any other sciences like she had originally planned.

I got into the 2+3 program a few years ago and got the $10k scholarship (can't remember what it was called, though). I remember that you didn't really need amazing stats to get into the 2+3 program. Here were my stats:

GPA: About a 3.8 UW, I think? It's been 3 years since I applied for colleges
Classes: I took about 7 AP classes in total. I don't think UoP really cared that much about the rigor of your classes. You should be fine with your 9 AP classes
ACT score: 33 (I took the SAT, too, but my SAT score was much lower - 1990. Take both if you can and submit whatever is better to UoP. A 33 ACT is roughly equivalent to a 2200 score on the SAT).
Activities: Hahahaha, I didn't really do anything in high school. I was pretty anti-social (still kinda am lol). But I did volunteer as a moderator on a message board and was in a few clubs. No leadership positions other than that, though.

One thing I can tell you is that UoP's application is a joke. It was so easy to fill out. I ended up turning their offer down for another university, but if you're definitely sure that pharmacy is right for you, you should go to UoP. I'm glad that I turned it down because I'm now leaning more toward becoming an MD. Good luck with your college apps and decisions! Make sure to write a really good personal statement and have everyone give their feedback on it.