Getting job offers that don't really exist

Started by Foscarnet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Foscarnet

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard some places have offered students jobs this year when there really isn't a position available. They signed contracts early on. So what happens when there is no job?

I don't think the students know yet 😱
 
I heard some places have offered students jobs this year when there really isn't a position available. They signed contracts early on. So what happens when there is no job?

I don't think the students know yet 😱

What places have you heard are doing this?
 
Dude, this isn't anything new. Most retail chains will promise their new grads one thing and then deliver on another.

They'll dump everyone in the float pool and force them to travel if positions aren't available. Current pharmacists may leave their job once they receive their annual bonus (if any), thus opening up spots for new grabs or floaters. Lather, Rinse, Repeat next year.