getting LORs from profs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont think I will have any problems getting LORs from appropriate people at my current job and the from the hospital I volunteer at, but I think I might have a hard time getting LORs from my professors (in my current situation at least). As far as I can tell I won't be taking multiple classes from any of my professors and I'm having a hard time getting enough interaction with them to the point that they would be able to write a LOR for me. I've applied for TA positions (most of which get filled with grad students), I've asked professors if they needed any help with research/or if they knew of any directed research opportunities, etc. I've alsp had someone tell me to go to office hours to get to know them better one-on-one, but if I'm doing well above average in my class I feel like I'm wasting the professor's time (and any students trying to get help from them at the time). Most of my science course lectures are 200+ and the people leading lab sessions are grad students rather than faculty usually. Could anyone give me some advice on some ways to build a better relationship with professors so that they would be an appropriate person to ask for a LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

I read this and saw the poster is listed as a "resident" and was super confused. Then I looked at the dates...

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't it crazy how time flies. 10 years ago this guy/girl was in our shoes and now he/she is a resident! Now we are in the same position he/she is in freaking out about the stuff he/she used to freak out about.

Reactions: 1 user