getting LORs from profs???

Started by kdburton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont think I will have any problems getting LORs from appropriate people at my current job and the from the hospital I volunteer at, but I think I might have a hard time getting LORs from my professors (in my current situation at least). As far as I can tell I won't be taking multiple classes from any of my professors and I'm having a hard time getting enough interaction with them to the point that they would be able to write a LOR for me. I've applied for TA positions (most of which get filled with grad students), I've asked professors if they needed any help with research/or if they knew of any directed research opportunities, etc. I've alsp had someone tell me to go to office hours to get to know them better one-on-one, but if I'm doing well above average in my class I feel like I'm wasting the professor's time (and any students trying to get help from them at the time). Most of my science course lectures are 200+ and the people leading lab sessions are grad students rather than faculty usually. Could anyone give me some advice on some ways to build a better relationship with professors so that they would be an appropriate person to ask for a LOR?
 
Isn't it crazy how time flies. 10 years ago this guy/girl was in our shoes and now he/she is a resident! Now we are in the same position he/she is in freaking out about the stuff he/she used to freak out about.