Getting more financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have received acceptances to two medical schools. I have heard of people using one acceptance as leverage to get more financial aid/scholarship money at another school. I was wondering how I would go about doing that and who I would have to talk to. Would it be the school's financial aid office?
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

You'd need one school to offer better financial aid. Then you'd contact the other school and say they are your top choice for XYZ reasons but financial aid differences are unfortunately going to mean matriculating elsewhere. They might agree to match the better offer, depending on where the other admit is.

Reactions: 1 user
I am fortunate enough to have received acceptances to two medical schools. I have heard of people using one acceptance as leverage to get more financial aid/scholarship money at another school. I was wondering how I would go about doing that and who I would have to talk to. Would it be the school's financial aid office?
Thanks so much!
have you emailed the school yet and have they gotten back to you? I am in the same situation and wondering how to go about it as well

I have no idea about how financial aid works. I paid straight cash every year.

Do elite medical schools have need-based financial aid similar to that of elite colleges?