Getting no love

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

I've come to the conclusion that in life you never get things you really want and you get what you don't need. Take for example schools that you really want in while those that you're not so hot about have already accepted you. It's just not fair.

Members don't see this ad.

Chankovsky said:
I've come to the conclusion that in life you never get things you really want and you get what you don't need. Take for example schools that you really want in while those that you're not so hot about have already accepted you. It's just not fair.

Tell that to people who haven't gotten either. If your idea of fairness is getting what you want, then you deserve unfairness. :p

I suggest you decline your acceptance and reapply to your dream school next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chankovsky said:
Boo****inghoo. :thumbdown:

Chankovsky said:

At least you got some love!

why bother apply to a school that you don't want to attend? what a waste of money and interviewer time.

Chankovsky said:

don't worry... it's better to give than to receive.

What!?!?! Do my eyes deceive me!?!?!

A thread where you don't ask a question?

Sure, you whine instead, but its a step in the right direction...

Chankovsky said:

It depends on who you are and who you konw.There are plentyof people who do little work and get what they want. It is just that we are not part of that group of people.

Like Jack Nicholson said (As good as it gets)

we are pissed not because our lives are bad, but because others have it so good.

To me, the best quality a girl can have is not her beauty or her intelligence, but the fact that she has genuine love for me. The same applies to medical school. I want to go to a school that wants me. A school that accepts me (right off the bat) automatically catches my attention and becomes one of my top choices :)

Chankovsky said:

um, i havent had any love yet so be quiet dude.......you've been freakin accepted in med school, and the ultimate goal is to be a doctor, if you're not happy in the process thats your problem

right on. nyu accepted me, but columbia is holding out. i'm so depressed.

Chankovsky said:

Chankovsky said:

maybe we define what we want by what we don't get.

sdnstud said:
To me, the best quality a girl can have is not her beauty or her intelligence, but the fact that she has genuine love for me. The same applies to medical school. I want to go to a school that wants me. A school that accepts me (right off the bat) automatically catches my attention and becomes one of my top choices :)

And then you wake up the next morning and want to chew your arm off. So many schools get all dolled up and seem to be into you to make it look good in the beginning, but once they've nailed ya, it's screaming babies and child support for the next 4 years of your life. :smuggrin: :laugh:

I feel exactly the opposite as our esteemed OP. I have fallen in love with the schools that have taken me (and coincidentally, believe that I was accepted there because I loved them when I visited and definitely fit in at the interviews). I have no bad feelings about the schools that haven't accepted me, and they haven't broken my heart, either. I have what I want: the chance to get my MD.

Stop starting these *******, insensitive threads.

hopefully it will work out for you! life is not always easy!

Chankovsky said:

Umm, are you kidding me. I hate to break it to you, but those of us stuck on waitlists with zero acceptances have minimal sympathy.