• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Getting no love

C

Chankovsky

I've come to the conclusion that in life you never get things you really want and you get what you don't need. Take for example schools that you really want in while those that you're not so hot about have already accepted you. It's just not fair.

PhotoMD

15+ Year Member
    Dec 1, 2004
    NYC
    1. Medical Student
      Chankovsky said:
      I've come to the conclusion that in life you never get things you really want and you get what you don't need. Take for example schools that you really want in while those that you're not so hot about have already accepted you. It's just not fair.

Tell that to people who haven't gotten either. If your idea of fairness is getting what you want, then you deserve unfairness. :p

About the Ads

MWillie

On the wards
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 1, 2004
      Chi Town
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Chankovsky said:
        Boo****inghoo. :thumbdown:

constructor

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Aug 15, 2004
          Chankovsky said:

don't worry... it's better to give than to receive.

Without Wax

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jan 29, 2005
            Chankovsky said:

It depends on who you are and who you konw.There are plentyof people who do little work and get what they want. It is just that we are not part of that group of people.

Like Jack Nicholson said (As good as it gets)

we are pissed not because our lives are bad, but because others have it so good.

sdnstud

1K Member
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jul 29, 2003
              To me, the best quality a girl can have is not her beauty or her intelligence, but the fact that she has genuine love for me. The same applies to medical school. I want to go to a school that wants me. A school that accepts me (right off the bat) automatically catches my attention and becomes one of my top choices :)

Chankovsky said:

wends

Tigress in Training
              10+ Year Member
              May 20, 2004
                um, i havent had any love yet so be quiet dude.......you've been freakin accepted in med school, and the ultimate goal is to be a doctor, if you're not happy in the process thats your problem

Jeff05

10+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                May 31, 2001
                1. Attending Physician
                  right on. nyu accepted me, but columbia is holding out. i'm so depressed.

Chankovsky said:

Acherona

15+ Year Member
                  Nov 21, 2004
                  1. Attending Physician
                    Chankovsky said:

maybe we define what we want by what we don't get.

MedicineBird

10+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Nov 5, 2004
                      sdnstud said:
                      To me, the best quality a girl can have is not her beauty or her intelligence, but the fact that she has genuine love for me. The same applies to medical school. I want to go to a school that wants me. A school that accepts me (right off the bat) automatically catches my attention and becomes one of my top choices :)

And then you wake up the next morning and want to chew your arm off. So many schools get all dolled up and seem to be into you to make it look good in the beginning, but once they've nailed ya, it's screaming babies and child support for the next 4 years of your life. :smuggrin: :laugh:

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
                      15+ Year Member
                      Jun 12, 2004
                        I feel exactly the opposite as our esteemed OP. I have fallen in love with the schools that have taken me (and coincidentally, believe that I was accepted there because I loved them when I visited and definitely fit in at the interviews). I have no bad feelings about the schools that haven't accepted me, and they haven't broken my heart, either. I have what I want: the chance to get my MD.

Stop starting these *******, insensitive threads.

scrappysurfer

10+ Year Member
                        7+ Year Member
                        Jan 13, 2005
                        San Diego, CA
                          Chankovsky said:

Umm, are you kidding me. I hate to break it to you, but those of us stuck on waitlists with zero acceptances have minimal sympathy.

About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.