Getting off those waitlists...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I have some questions and need some advice about getting off waitlists. I interviewed at 5 schools, waitlisted at 4 and rejected at 1. The rejection was hard because it was my in-state school where I also work, but I'm over that one. Fortunately I was waitlisted at my top choice. I don't want to have to go through this admissions process again, (although I am prepping for that...) so I need some advice for getting off these waitlists.

Yesterday I sent a letter of intent to my top choice, and I'm drafting interest/ update letters to the other 3 schools, but thats all I really know to do. When would I want to call the admissions office and how would I approach those phone calls if a secretary in admissions answers? Do I directly call the dean's number and talk to someone there? I've also heard that my top choice responds well to additional information so would an additional letter of recommendation help in any way?

I want to be very proactive about this, and I know I may be a little neurotic but I feel like sitting around is wasting time. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

additional LORs will help as will LOI. All you can do is send meaningful updates via LOI and if you have them, more LOR from activities. And then start praying:). Theres not really anything special you can do outside of that.

You look like you've got it covered. Just want to let you know that you CAN send multiple letters. Send your first round now, then wait until after May 15th where things get shifted around and send some more letters reiterating your interest.

Ya man, you've done about all you can do. I'm also on the WL at my top pick and its tough, but for once all we can do is wait. If you don't get off at least one of those WLs I would be very surprised (although I'm not sure which schools) GL