Help related with grade D in phsyics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sravp

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am Canadian citizen planning to apply for DO mostly and few MD schools. I completed second year undergrad. my current cGPA is 3.47 and
sGPA is 3.25 approx. I took two courses in physics. I have a B+ in physics1 and D in physics 2 in second year. I saw that D is not accepted in few DO school websites. I am really passionate about medicine. Can you please advise my options? @Goro

Science GPA ≈ 129.0 ÷ 39 = 3.31
Non-science GPA ≈ 96.0 ÷ 24 = 4.00
Cumulative GPA ≈ 225.0 ÷ 63 = 3.57
 
Last edited:
Retake Physics 2! Schools require at least a C in prereq classes.

The rest of your grades look good! I think if you can get an A/B+ in Physics 2, you'll be fine for DO schools. The nice thing about retaking a class is you already know what to expect so it'll be easier 🙂
 
Retake Physics 2! Schools require at least a C in prereq classes.

The rest of your grades look good! I think if you can get an A/B+ in Physics 2, you'll be fine for DO schools. The nice thing about retaking a class is you already know what to expect so it'll be easier 🙂
thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to the forums.

You have to retake the D and pass the class. Have you attended any recruitment sessions at the DO schools you are interested in? Have you looked through the AACOM CIB to see how many schools have taken Canadian applicants?
okay i will retake physics2 in fall/winter. thank you. yes i will check aacom cib.
 
I am Canadian citizen planning to apply for DO mostly and few MD schools. I completed second year undergrad. my current cGPA is 3.47 and
sGPA is 3.25 approx. I took two courses in physics. I have a B+ in physics1 and D in physics 2 in second year. I saw that D is not accepted in few DO school websites. I am really passionate about medicine. Can you please advise my options? @Goro

Science GPA ≈ 129.0 ÷ 39 = 3.31
Non-science GPA ≈ 96.0 ÷ 24 = 4.00
Cumulative GPA ≈ 225.0 ÷ 63 = 3.57
Retake Physics and do better.

They're not going to forgive a pre-req that isn't fulfilled.

OR, do not apply to those schools.
 
Retake Physics and do better.

They're not going to forgive a pre-req that isn't fulfilled.

OR, do not apply to those schools.
The med school that makes OChem optional instead of mandatory 'bout to get the most applications.

I loved Physics though, ngl. Still so applicable as a med student.