Getting pumped for Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moo

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first interview is in a couple days and I am getting pretty excited. Anyone interviewing at OSU on Monday 8 October? Anyone who HAS interviewed at OSU know what to expect? I hear it's pretty laid back, but it's my first interview so I don't really have any other interviews to compare it to!

Members don't see this ad.

good luck moo.. i know how u feel. its hard to tell you not to worry cuz i am scared to death for my intvw.

moo-
My first interview was at OSU 9/26. It was completely low-stress and I liked the school very much. I enjoyed meeting the other applicants. They were very smart, friendly and well-spoken. The students were also very nice and down-to-earth. After they give the group a lecture/presentation, lunch(lunch was bad) and a tour, the interviewers come to fetch you one by one from the home-base conference room. There is one interview with a faculty member. My interview was a very pleasant experience. I think they try to match you with a good faculty "match" for you because the woman who interviewed me shared many of my interests and she was extremely enthusiastic about me. It took me by surprise because I was expecting to have to defend myself against someone who adopted a skeptical stance, but she overwhelmed me with compliments, saying she couldn't wait to meet me, was in "awe" of my accomplishments. (Can you believe it?) So I basically just relaxed and had a very easy conversation. She didn't ask me any hard questions that weren't expected. Time flew by. My whole interview lasted only 20 minutes. I walked out of OSU with a huge smile on my face. I know not all of my interviews will be that easy. The ad com was meeting that very same afternoon (!) to decide our fates but we can't find out til 10/15 :rolleyes:
Also, everyone who interviewed that day (about 15 people) was from OH except one extremely quiet guy from California.
Have fun. OSU is quite impressive!