Getting rescinded after being accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natler

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad do final year grades typically have to be to get rescinded from a school after being accepted? Would a couple of B's and B-'s still be OK?

Are the higher-ranked schools stricter about what grades you have to maintain?

Also, do schools ever ask for fall semester grades either pre- or post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

How bad do final year grades typically have to be to get rescinded from a school after being accepted? Would a couple of B's and B-'s still be OK?

Also, do schools ever ask for fall semester grades either pre- or post-interview?

I think many schools, if not all, request fall semester grades as well as spring semester ones. B's and B-'s are still okay, probably even for higher-ranked schools. Even C's should be alright in general, but I wouldn't try getting D's or F's.

It's pretty rare for someone's offer to be rescinded, but the people who generally can get into medical school tend not to be the ones where this is an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)

My GPA dropped by 0.2-0.3 points senior year and I never heard anything about it. I didn't get Cs, but I went from all As to a couple of Bs, more B+s, and a couple of As.

Texas schools require that you send your most updated grades as soon as you get them when applying. Depending upon the timing of your academic calendar that may be before or after you interview but it will almost certainly be prior to the final match decisions being released.

Just pass your classes. No one cares if you get a few Bs or even a C.

AFAIK all schools require your final transcripts before matriculation (including fall and spring grades).

Some schools are a lot more forthcoming with what their grade requirements are after acceptance. This is a quote from a letter of acceptance to UTMB, "Continued satisfactory performance in all college work subsequent to this acceptance being finalized. this means that no grades of "D" or "F" can be made at any time subsequent to the submission of your application and/or matriculation into Medical School"

Just don't say anything racist and you should be okay.

Reactions: 1 user
If I get straight B's and end up with a 3.0, is that fine?

Just don't say anything racist and you should be okay.
I know it's off topic but can you please give a brief rundown of this story? I remember seeing it posted a while back but I don't remember any of the details. That's terrible, but from what I remember the guy had it coming

I know it's off topic but can you please give a brief rundown of this story? I remember seeing it posted a while back but I don't remember any of the details. That's terrible, but from what I remember the guy had it coming

Remember, remember the rescindment of November.

The applicant posted something racist based, I believe, based on someone's avatar??? Something like that.

It got back to the school (Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine), and the Dean rescinded his admission offer. A month later the Dean was arrested for DUI and resigned.

I really wasn't privy to how it went down exactly, but I think the dude in question made a somewhat racist comment on SDN, someone matched his username to his real name on a class facebook page, and the school ended up sending him an e-mail rescinding the acceptance. There might be more to it than that, but most of how it played out on SDN has been deleted.

I really wasn't privy to how it went down exactly, but I think the dude in question made a somewhat racist comment on SDN, someone matched his username to his real name on a class facebook page, and the school ended up sending him an e-mail rescinding the acceptance. There might be more to it than that, but most of how it played out on SDN has been deleted.
Hm I know it was SDN related, I thought the actual comments were on the class FB group, maybe not. Mostly I was just curious which school because I thought it was a Texas school. But anyway that's more or less what I thought, thanks man

Remember, remember the rescindment of November.

The applicant posted something racist based, I believe, based on someone's avatar??? Something like that.

It got back to the school (Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine), and the Dean rescinded his admission offer. A month later the Dean was arrested for DUI and resigned.
Ah okay! Idk why I thought it was Texas. I thought the issue was he made racist/disparaging comments about a faculty or staff member but that's probably it.

Hm I know it was SDN related, I thought the actual comments were on the class FB group, maybe not. Mostly I was just curious which school because I thought it was a Texas school. But anyway that's more or less what I thought, thanks man

Yeah, I can't remember if it started on facebook, or if it went from SDN to facebook. Either way, wiloghby is right about the school.