Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!
I am wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get research as a non-traditional applicant. My major is in the humanities, and I've begun to take some science courses at my university. The problem is that it is hard enough getting research as a traditional applicant at a big university. I am hoping to take all of my MCAT courses by 2016 and apply for med school by then. The problem is that I may not have the time to develop relationships within the different science departments in time to get on a research project and get hours before I apply to medical school.
What are some ways that a non-traditional applicant can get into research of any kind whether at a university or any other place?
I am wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get research as a non-traditional applicant. My major is in the humanities, and I've begun to take some science courses at my university. The problem is that it is hard enough getting research as a traditional applicant at a big university. I am hoping to take all of my MCAT courses by 2016 and apply for med school by then. The problem is that I may not have the time to develop relationships within the different science departments in time to get on a research project and get hours before I apply to medical school.
What are some ways that a non-traditional applicant can get into research of any kind whether at a university or any other place?