Getting through UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sadfsd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have been trying to find posts about how realistic it is to get through all of uworld 3 weeks into my exam. I have been doing tutor mode after i finish a subject in FA for the past month, but i still have 30% left to do. I didn't do 50q's/day because i was reading RR/BRS Phy and annotating so i didn't get around to the daily 50 q's, which i am now kicking myself for. I am taking my exam in 3 weeks and really wanted to go through the Q's twice, but i don't think that's realistic considering it takes 3-4 hours to get through 48Q in tutor mode. Does anyone have any advice on how i should budget my time over the next 3 weeks (i've already read fa with 2x)Should i try to finish the 800 q's i have left, or revisit the ones i have done? I'm really panicky now cuz its cruntch time. Did you guys find that there was a lot of "repeats" on the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and have been trying to find posts about how realistic it is to get through all of uworld 3 weeks into my exam. I have been doing tutor mode after i finish a subject in FA for the past month, but i still have 30% left to do. I didn't do 50q's/day because i was reading RR/BRS Phy and annotating so i didn't get around to the daily 50 q's, which i am now kicking myself for. I am taking my exam in 3 weeks and really wanted to go through the Q's twice, but i don't think that's realistic considering it takes 3-4 hours to get through 48Q in tutor mode. Does anyone have any advice on how i should budget my time over the next 3 weeks (i've already read fa with 2x)Should i try to finish the 800 q's i have left, or revisit the ones i have done? I'm really panicky now cuz its cruntch time. Did you guys find that there was a lot of "repeats" on the actual exam?

I haven't taken the exam, but I think I can answer a couple of your questions. Questions rarely (if ever) repeat, but concepts absolutely do repeat. If I were you, I would try to finish the 800 questions you have left, identify and study your weakest 1-3 areas, and then if you have time left, do flagged/marked questions on UW. A couple of days before the exam, skim FA again.

I remember having the same time issue with UW. I ended up doing only half of the questions (around 1000). I noticed at the time that my cumulative score on tutor mode increased steadily from low to high 60s, and then leveled by the third or fourth hundred. So I guess, yeah, concepts do repeat.

I believe if your score on random unused tutor mode is in the 60s you have all the chances of scoring in the 90s on the test.

Perrotfish, I think you have an option of resetting UW once, provided you subscribed for three months or more

Members don't see this ad :)
I am getting my ass handed to me on UWorld, but I've still got a while before I take the exam, and I'm learning a ton. This is by far the best study tool I have seen.

I'm in the same position as the OP, except I have only 10 days until my test (yikes!). I've been doing 96 questions a day (random, unused, timed), and I'm about halfway through. I guess I'm just going to power through the rest of them until test day, although I'm tempted to push my test back a week to review the questions I missed the first time around. Anyone have any thoughts on this strategy? Bad idea? I'm scoring in the low 70s, although I feel like it's mostly due to good guessing.

I'm also just reading FA as much as I can, trying to memorize it. And I read every word of the explanations on UW - those are so helpful!

OP, have you tried doing the blocks in non-tutor mode? That made me feel like I was getting through them faster, once I got out of tutor mode. Then I just go through the review all at once, which also seems to streamline things. I'd also second the advice to do the questions you haven't done, rather than reviewing old ones.

I know many people like the idea of doing UWORLD 2x. Personally, I think it is a waste of time to do questions that you have already done correctly because you are familiar with the concept being tested. It makes much more sense to do UWORLD 1x, then afterwards you should just redo the questions you flagged or got wrong. That should streamline your studies and make it much more efficient and worthwhile.