• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

JourneyToMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
FOR ANYBODY who knows anything about the NYC transit system...

could you please tell me the best ways to get from:

La Guardia--> Cornell

then

Cornell--> JFK?

(If you could also tell me the time it would take, I'd appreciate it!)

Thanks!!

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
hey. i interviewed at cornell in october. i flew into la guardia, and just took a cab to cornell. it only cost ~$35, so it's not that bad. you'll get their fairly quickly, and you don't have to stress about public transportation... i don't know how to get to JFK from cornell, tho, sorry...

About the Ads

SkiUtah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey-
I work at Cornell and live close by. I usually end up taking a cab (about 25 bucks from LGA, about 40 to JFK). From LGA, u could also get on the M60 bus, get off at 125th street, and get on the 4/5/6 green line to 68th street/Hunter College. Walk East about 5 minutes from there and you are at Cornell (69th and York, on the East River). Back to JFK get on the 6 Green line at 68th street, take it south 'till in intersect the E train, take the E train towards Jamaica, and get off at the AirTrain stop...walk to to the stop, pay 5 bucks and take the hellishly slow monoral (airtrain) to your terminal! It can take forever to get to JFK that way, so I take a cab now....
good luck! cornell is a great place:)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.