Getting worried that my reinvention postbacc is 60%+ remote learning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctoscope

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've so far completed 42 units of my reinvention postbacc that I started in Fall 2019, and maintained a 4.0. I still have ~30 units to go (still have prereqs left). Thing is, only ~25 units have been in-person, and the rest will most likely be through remote learning.

I've read that grades during COVID come with an asterisk. Will having a good majority of my reinvention grades come from remote learning make my postbacc less impactful? Should I keep taking classes this year? Any advice would be great. @Goro

Members don't see this ad.

I've so far completed 42 units of my reinvention postbacc that I started in Fall 2019, and maintained a 4.0. I still have ~30 units to go (still have prereqs left). Thing is, only ~25 units have been in-person, and the rest will most likely be through remote learning.

I've read that grades during COVID come with an asterisk. Will having a good majority of my reinvention grades come from remote learning make my postbacc less impactful? Should I keep taking classes this year? Any advice would be great. @Goro
You read wrong. Or, at least the grades I see via AACOMAS sure don't have asterisks.

Plus, every med student in the country is taking their courses online, except at ARCOM, for one. So why should you be somehow penalized?

Reactions: 1 users
You read wrong. Or, at least the grades I see via AACOMAS sure don't have asterisks.

Plus, every med student in the country is taking their courses online, except at ARCOM, for one. So why should you be somehow penalized?

Just worried because it seems online courses aren't seen as rigorous as in-class options, and I've been busting my a** to maintain a 4.0 in my postbacc. I was getting paranoid about having my work discounted on the basis it's online, especially since my uGPA are not very good.

It's reassuring to hear it'll be OK though, thank you Goro!

Just worried because it seems online courses aren't seen as rigorous as in-class options, and I've been busting my a** to maintain a 4.0 in my postbacc. I was getting paranoid about having my work discounted on the basis it's online, especially since my uGPA are not very good.

It's reassuring to hear it'll be OK though, thank you Goro!
There’s not really another option other than online courses. Adcoms will understand that.

Reactions: 2 users