GI Bill for Fellowship...with a twist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeFormation

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I know that the GI Bill for residency/fellowship has been beat to death in previous posts, however, my situation is a little different. My fellowship that I am starting in July is not officially affiliated with a medical school. It is an internal hospital fellowship (a children's hospital with about 20 different fellowships; some affiliated, some not). I am trying to navigate the VA maze and it is very frustrating. At this point, I am simply hoping for OJT money. Has anybody been in a similar situation? I have about 4 different emails out to different agencies. It just makes me so happy that I couldn't take my bonus this year:mad:

EF

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I know that the GI Bill for residency/fellowship has been beat to death in previous posts, however, my situation is a little different. My fellowship that I am starting in July is not officially affiliated with a medical school. It is an internal hospital fellowship (a children's hospital with about 20 different fellowships; some affiliated, some not). I am trying to navigate the VA maze and it is very frustrating. At this point, I am simply hoping for OJT money. Has anybody been in a similar situation? I have about 4 different emails out to different agencies. It just makes me so happy that I couldn't take my bonus this year:mad:

EF

Bump

good question, not yet answered. There's lots of fellowships out there in my specialty that are also not associated with a med school. What happens if you get accepted to one with regards to the GI bill?