GI Boards 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phosphorus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Beyond DDSEP 9, what is everyone using to study?

I am considering Steinberg but don't know if it's worth the $ given a 99% pass rate for first time certification.

Those who have taken, what did you feel was most like the actual exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Every year I hear everyone saying they thought it was very hard and every year I hear all those people passing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

I am considering Steinberg but don't know if it's worth the $ given a 99% pass rate for first time certification.

hopeless, dejected, wanna kill myself. When results came, i was in high percentile pass. wondered how it happened, lol

Members don't see this ad :)

Seems everyone is getting mailed a copy of 2020 ACG SAT... woo hoo! Did you have a weak GTE sub topic? Focus on it ...what it taught me is I need to stop putting PEGs in all the elderly w dementia on board exams

THAT WAS A TOUGH EXAM! IT'S NOW IN GOD'S HANDS!

FOCUS ON THE BASICS AS WELL!
PATHOLOGY HEAVY
CHOLANGIOGRAMS

Overall I didn't feel as terrible as most seem to on this board.

4 sections of 60 questions is far easier mentally than the 7-8 sections we were used to with the USMLE.

I felt that I had adequate time each block. Finished each with approximately 30 minutes remaining. Had adequate break time.

For prep - used Steinberg 2016 (had access) and DDSEP 9 x 1 and then did all incorrect questions until correct.

Hoping for good news in January...

Also, very very heavy advanced as well as liver. Minimal motility, minimal IBD. I think 2 stats questions.

Anyone interested in studying together for the Boards and in-training exam? Steinberg, ACG SAT and DDSEP? I was thinking few hours everyday?