GI Boards 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phosphorus

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beyond DDSEP 9, what is everyone using to study?

I am considering Steinberg but don't know if it's worth the $ given a 99% pass rate for first time certification.

Those who have taken, what did you feel was most like the actual exam?
 
Beyond DDSEP 9, what is everyone using to study?

I am considering Steinberg but don't know if it's worth the $ given a 99% pass rate for first time certification.

Those who have taken, what did you feel was most like the actual exam?
hopeless, dejected, wanna kill myself. When results came, i was in high percentile pass. wondered how it happened, lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Beyond DDSEP 9, what is everyone using to study?

I am considering Steinberg but don't know if it's worth the $ given a 99% pass rate for first time certification.

Those who have taken, what did you feel was most like the actual exam?
Seems everyone is getting mailed a copy of 2020 ACG SAT... woo hoo! Did you have a weak GTE sub topic? Focus on it ...what it taught me is I need to stop putting PEGs in all the elderly w dementia on board exams
 
Overall I didn't feel as terrible as most seem to on this board.

4 sections of 60 questions is far easier mentally than the 7-8 sections we were used to with the USMLE.

I felt that I had adequate time each block. Finished each with approximately 30 minutes remaining. Had adequate break time.

For prep - used Steinberg 2016 (had access) and DDSEP 9 x 1 and then did all incorrect questions until correct.

Hoping for good news in January...
 
Anyone interested in studying together for the Boards and in-training exam? Steinberg, ACG SAT and DDSEP? I was thinking few hours everyday?