gift for pharm d student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJoo83

learning...
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, one of my best friends is currently applying to pharm d school. while she hasn't been accepted yet, i feel as though her chances are extremely high (4.0 gpa and 98th percentile on pcat score). now, christmas is coming up as well as her bday (a week before christmas) and i want to get her a good, meaningful, practical gift as a pharm d student.

any suggestions? i would like to keep it under the 50 dollar range...being a poor college student myself, i can't afford anything extremely extravagant.

Members don't see this ad.

How about one of those nice pen/pencil sets with her name engraved with "Pharm.D." after it?

LJoo83 said:
Hey all, one of my best friends is currently applying to pharm d school. while she hasn't been accepted yet, i feel as though her chances are extremely high (4.0 gpa and 98th percentile on pcat score). now, christmas is coming up as well as her bday (a week before christmas) and i want to get her a good, meaningful, practical gift as a pharm d student.

any suggestions? i would like to keep it under the 50 dollar range...being a poor college student myself, i can't afford anything extremely extravagant.

what pencil set ar eyou talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
LJoo83 said:
what pencil set ar eyou talking about?

One of those nice ones you can find at store like "Things Remembered" and they do the engraving there

I would be careful getting anything with "pharm D" on it.......
what about a book....
perhaps a medical dictionary (we were required to have one our first year)
where is she planning on going to school? how about a pharmacy sweat shirt/tshirt from that school?

bbmuffin said:
I would be careful getting anything with "pharm D" on it.......
what about a book....
perhaps a medical dictionary (we were required to have one our first year)
where is she planning on going to school? how about a pharmacy sweat shirt/tshirt from that school?
Like I suggested....tarascon pharmacopedia......very useful for the new students that don't have a PDA like myself

Caverject said:
Like I suggested....tarascon pharmacopedia......very useful for the new students that don't have a PDA like myself
too bad you don't go to a cool school where you would be provided a PDA

;)

Are you sure you want to get her a gift for a career school she hasn't even gotten accepted into yet? Can you imagine if she doesnt get in? She'll resent you, mutter your name under her breath, and curse your offspring for the rest of her days. Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but I'm not sure I'd take that risk. ;)

I think any sweatshirt, jacket or hoodie from the school she'll be attending would be great. People love sporting stuff from their school, and it's always so expensive to buy stuff from the school bookstore anyhow, so it's a double bonus for her.

It's just my opinion, but I would leave the book buying to her own tastes. Someone bought me this nice pharmaceutical handbook when I was accepted to pharm school, and I was really grateful, but a few weeks later I bought another one for myself that I thought was better organized and thus easier to find information. Sometimes students can be fickle like that. =P

Money or starbucks gift certificate....most def will need alot of those :p

GravyRPH said:
Are you sure you want to get her a gift for a career school she hasn't even gotten accepted into yet? Can you imagine if she doesnt get in? She'll resent you, mutter your name under her breath, and curse your offspring for the rest of her days. Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but I'm not sure I'd take that risk. ;)

I realize Xmas has already passed, but...

I completely agree...it may not be rational, but please don't jinx her!
I'm not sure I'd go with the school stuff for the same reason.
I do think that the Starbucks gift certificate is a great idea, however.

indoflip said:
How about one of those nice pen/pencil sets with her name engraved with "Pharm.D." after it?

What happens if she won't make it? :D

LJoo83 said:

Buy an alarm clock with Radio & CD player, less than $50

Vibrators

Victoria's Secrets

DD bateries