Gift idea for newly matched Rads resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdubbs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my spouse just recently matched to Radiology and I want to get her a cool gift to show my support, how proud I am of her and to show her I love her of course!

She would appreciate a spa service, fancy bag, clothes, jewlery and all that girly type stuff, but realistically, I don't think she wouldn't want that for this occasion (as that can happen any other time). Since she's spent countless hours getting to this point and she was excited the first time she saw "Dr." next to her name, I was thinking of getting her a really fancy writing set (like a Montblanc etc) for her with her name engraved on it. She still writes handwritten letters to her family, and I know she has mentioned she wouldn't mind a nice pen one day when she could afford it, so I was thinking this would be a good time.

My question for you - are there any radiology specific gifts you could suggest, or anything in general that may be better than this? I think she'd really appreciate it, but I want to get her something that would really make her smile everytime she used it/saw it.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions you may have!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sweet. I can't wait to match! , I will refrain from giving any new ideas since Im not good at deciding gifts. But regarding the pen, you could engrave her name and the word "Radiology" or "Diagnostic Radiology & Name of the program" .....mmmm something like that would be cool.

A nice coffee mug. Diamond-encrusted perhaps? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Turns out I have access to an X-Ray machine now and was thinking perhaps I could get an X-Ray of a doctor's bag filled with stethescope, hammer etc...along with metallic lettering inside saying something like "Congratulations" etc.

Any other ideas of what I could X-Ray?

Perhaps an electronic gizmo like a Netbook (she can put images/take notes/read e-books/look-up radiology references)?

Also iPhone/Blackberry would be useful too for radiology.

Kindle for e-books in radiology. Perhaps some preloaded would be a nice plus...

Actually these are ideas my radiology partners have discussed very recently... fyi... hope this helps!

S

Those Kindle things ARE pretty neat. I'd buy one if I had the money or the time.