Gift Ideas For The Dentist I Shadowed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Double Bonded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I shadowed a guy for around 100 hours over 3 years and he wrote me a kick-ass LOR.

I know him pretty well and he introduced me to some of the docs that he sends referrals to (I shadowed them too). He also let me mess around with some of his carving tools and wax sets from dental school.

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a gift. I was thinking about getting a box of Godiva chocolates for the office staff but I want to get him something else because he always went the extra mile to make sure my shadowing experience wasn't dull.

I want to get him something that he wouldn't normally get for himself. He's really into golf so I was thinking about getting him a 12 pack of golf balls with his name imprinted on them or his favorite sports team logo.

Do you guys have any ideas for gifts I can give the dentist I shadowed?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know but you should write your thank you note on this stationary
shark-teeth-stupid-funny-friday-white-shark-whale-dentures.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
I shadowed a guy for around 100 hours over 3 years and he wrote me a kick-ass LOR.

I know him pretty well and he introduced me to some of the docs that he sends referrals to (I shadowed them too). He also let me mess around with some of his carving tools and wax sets from dental school.

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a gift. I was thinking about getting a box of Godiva chocolates for the office staff but I want to get him something else because he always went the extra mile to make sure my shadowing experience wasn't dull.

I want to get him something that he wouldn't normally get for himself. He's really into golf so I was thinking about getting him a 12 pack of golf balls with his name imprinted on them or his favorite sports team logo.

Do you guys have any ideas for gifts I can give the dentist I shadowed?

Done:
153315843v6_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

You could bring in lunch for his office. The chocolates and golf balls are nice. The most meaningful thing will be writing a sincere thank you note to go along with whatever you choose.

i got them edible arrangements.
they snacked all the time.

they LOVED it.

I got my evaluators a nice bottle of wine (~$30-$40) and a thank you letter.

I have given wine as a gift and also brought them (dentists I shadowed) lunch one day.

Haha thanks guys. I ended up getting a bottle of wine ($30...I don't drink a lot of wine so I don't really know what's good).

I was going to say; get him a nice bottle of wine. 25+ dollars usually means a higher end bottle.