Gifts to shadowed physicians.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtimmer1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been shadowing an orthopaedic surgery resident this semester and probably wont be able to next semester since he is moving for a fellowship early next year. With this said, is it customary to give a small token or gratitude for the opportunity to shadow him? I mean, he has taken the time to explain things to me, show me things in surgery, and allow me to attend conferences and such; I think the least I can do is give him a gift.

Anyone else do this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

All doctors love Outback.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are sensible things on any restaurant menu. Get them a $25-50 gift card to "insert restaurant name here". Everyone loves italian <.<

Send a nice hand written 'Thank You' card talking about how helpful the experience has been for you. I doubt he needs your money :p

Send a nice hand written 'Thank You' card talking about how helpful the experience has been for you. I doubt he needs your money :p

That's more like what I was thinking. Or buying a gift instead of an impersonal gift card.:laugh: