• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Doggie

Professional Jackass
15+ Year Member
Lately, I've been seeing a lot of programs on those "health" channels that have many cases relating to oral surgery. Just last night, I saw this show called "Girl born without a face" on Discovery Health channel. The girl was born with the most severe Treacher-Collins syndrome ever documented.

Girl Born with no Face

Anyways, I'm just mad that a lot of these cases that deal with oro-facial dysfunctions are not operated more by oral surgeons, and instead shuttled to the plastics guys. That's like getting a plastic surgeon to perform an emergency C-section because your wife doesnt want a nasty scar. :thumbdown:

adamlc18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 3, 2004
Will 2nd year ever end?
Status
Dental Student
Doggie said:
Lately, I've been seeing a lot of programs on those "health" channels that have many cases relating to oral surgery. Just last night, I saw this show called "Girl born without a face" on Discovery Health channel. The girl was born with the most severe Treacher-Collins syndrome ever documented.

Girl Born with no Face

Anyways, I'm just mad that a lot of these cases that deal with oro-facial dysfunctions are not operated more by oral surgeons, and instead shuttled to the plastics guys. That's like getting a plastic surgeon to perform an emergency C-section because your wife doesnt want a nasty scar. :thumbdown:
Now when you say plastic surgeons, you aren't refering to periodontists are you? :smuggrin:

About the Ads