Doggie

Professional Jackass
15+ Year Member
Lately, I've been seeing a lot of programs on those "health" channels that have many cases relating to oral surgery. Just last night, I saw this show called "Girl born without a face" on Discovery Health channel. The girl was born with the most severe Treacher-Collins syndrome ever documented.

Girl Born with no Face

Anyways, I'm just mad that a lot of these cases that deal with oro-facial dysfunctions are not operated more by oral surgeons, and instead shuttled to the plastics guys. That's like getting a plastic surgeon to perform an emergency C-section because your wife doesnt want a nasty scar. :thumbdown:

adamlc18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 3, 2004
Will 2nd year ever end?
Status
Dental Student
Doggie said:
Lately, I've been seeing a lot of programs on those "health" channels that have many cases relating to oral surgery. Just last night, I saw this show called "Girl born without a face" on Discovery Health channel. The girl was born with the most severe Treacher-Collins syndrome ever documented.

Girl Born with no Face

Anyways, I'm just mad that a lot of these cases that deal with oro-facial dysfunctions are not operated more by oral surgeons, and instead shuttled to the plastics guys. That's like getting a plastic surgeon to perform an emergency C-section because your wife doesnt want a nasty scar. :thumbdown:
Now when you say plastic surgeons, you aren't refering to periodontists are you? :smuggrin:

About the Ads