Give some love to Northeastern schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kuune

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like everyone here wants to go to Cali! I'm wondering if anyone has advice on Northeastern/ Eastern schools.

Brief Stats
CT resident
Undergrad in NY, private top tier school

3.97 s/cGPA, 35O
3 years research, 1 publication.
170 hours hospital volunteering with patient contact
very minimal shadowing (currently 6 hours) but going to increase that this summer.
TA-ing, Tutoring, club leadership
40 hours short employment stint pushing paper in a private practice.
Life long hobby in art.

I'm especially interested in neurology, and hoping for insights on schools that have good neurology programs and strong research.

My current school list

• Columbia P&S
  • Cornell
  • Yale
  • NYU
  • Stanford
  • Duke
  • John Hopkins
  • Einstein
  • Sinai
  • UConn
  • Brown
  • Tufts
  • UPenn
  • Georgetown
  • Emory
  • Northwestern
  • Boston U
  • Dartmouth
  • Drexel
  • U of Rochester
  • SUNY Stony Brook
  • Pittsburgh
  • Jefferson

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

^thanks for that list. remarkable. mayo is owning

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with NotAsking4Much. Also, you obviously have great stats and your overall app looks good except for community service unless you forgot to put it there. Given your numbers, your list of schools are within your range, but this process is so subjective that you may want to apply to a few more safety schools as well. It would suck to not get accepted anywhere because your list is extremely top-heavy.

I agree with NotAsking4Much. Also, you obviously have great stats and your overall app looks good except for community service unless you forgot to put it there. Given your numbers, your list of schools are within your range, but this process is so subjective that you may want to apply to a few more safety schools as well. It would suck to not get accepted anywhere because your list is extremely top-heavy.

+1
throw in a few gimmies
i'd rather go to puerto rico state school of medicine tomorrow than try and fail to get into yale 8 times

My school list was very similar to yours (just delete the DC schools, NWern and replace Stanford with a few UCs). What about the other Philly schools, Drexel and Temple? Those were my other safety-level schools, and I had heard good things about them.