Given the fact that Step 1 is now P/F, how worried should I be as an incoming DO student this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And you run my school? You know who I am? The ties that I have with my school? Big detectives. It’s a private school and I know my people. How hard is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stawwwp. No way LECOM of all places would allow it. I don't care if you're a Ferretti or an Esper, LECOM is not allowing it. Plus, dude its a crap photoshop job. The only text that is crisp without haze around it is the "mian" part. Come on.

Sorry, I know that was old, but I just can't. No one should ever even entertain the idea that LECOM would allow something like this.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
As a MS 4, I personally have advised my wife and my cousin to go the NP/PA route especially if you don’t have a full ride for medical school lining up somewhere.

Wife is in PA school right now instead of dental school or med school.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
As a MS 4, I personally have advised my wife and my cousin to go the NP/PA route especially if you don’t have a full ride for medical school lining up somewhere.

Wife is in PA school right now instead of dental school or med school.
I guess her attending doc is already built in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I know in majority of states they CAN practice independently, but my point was more like "ARE they REALLY" running the show by themselves (AKA independently) right now in any Hospital in the U.S.?

Your be surprised how many people have Sally ACLS, BLS, PALS, RN BSN ARNP-C, WTFBBQ11101, listed as their PCP

• Angry
It's not rural. Far from it. But it's not Chicago, LA, NYC / etc. It's all about the kind of environment you're looking for.
Yes, the three largest cities in the country are not rural. Thank you for reminding us.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Yes, the three largest cities in the country are not rural. Thank you for reminding us.
I’m from Chicago and love DSM. I’ve never been a big urban guy but it’s just so much easier to live out here in the “rural Midwest”.

honestly though if people wanna pass over this part of the country because it isn’t NYC or LA that’s cool. I’d appreciate less competition for residency/jobs. Personally don’t care for the homeless epidemic and crazy COL of LA or the trash/COL of NYC but that’s just me (don’t hurt me big city try hards)

You guys are mincing words here. If you are looking for a bigtime heavily metro city, DMU would give you a taste, but not quite the same. Hence, NYC / LA / Chicago. Those are your major options. If someone comes from one of those to Des Moines, you can't claim it is the same. Not a dig at Des Moines. It is still a great city, but there are definitely more populated cities that offer more of a big city feel.

You guys are mincing words here. If you are looking for a bigtime heavily metro city, DMU would give you a taste, but not quite the same. Hence, NYC / LA / Chicago. Those are your major options. If someone comes from one of those to Des Moines, you can't claim it is the same. Not a dig at Des Moines. It is still a great city, but there are definitely more populated cities that offer more of a big city feel.
You do realize there are actual, honest-to-God cities outside of those three, right?

Reactions: 4 users
With that virus flying around I would rather live in DMU than NYC/LA/Chica any day of the week and any minute of the day.

Reactions: 1 users
The original argument was whether Des Moines was rural or urban, and it's not the former, so the fact that it isn't comparable to cities like NYC/Chicago/LA doesn't matter here. If you move from NYC to DSM, you move from an urban area to another one. There's really not much to it.

I had a question. Just curious. Not a medical student, nor a physician, but considering medical school in the future. Not planning on going to Caribbean MD program either .
How will this Pass/Fail affect people who go to the Caribbean route, even the “Big 4”, is the Caribbean route finished? Will Caribbean schools close due to this curriculum change?
There’s always another sucker, I think the big 4 will never close, or rather not anytime soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m from Chicago and love DSM. I’ve never been a big urban guy but it’s just so much easier to live out here in the “rural Midwest”.

honestly though if people wanna pass over this part of the country because it isn’t NYC or LA that’s cool. I’d appreciate less competition for residency/jobs. Personally don’t care for the homeless epidemic and crazy COL of LA or the trash/COL of NYC but that’s just me (don’t hurt me big city try hards)
I’m from Chicagoland too and completely agree with this.