Giving myself an ulcer... darn MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centersharpie

Pre-PA
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well... I made a study plan and it fell through. I'm about 2/3 of the way through the review notes for Kaplan and I only have 4 weeks left. I'm supposed to be focusing on my weaknesses and doing loads of practice exams and practice problems at this stage of the game. I don't know what to do now. The last practice test I took I received a 23 and I want to get it up at least 7 more points. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do next. I was thinking about just reviewing my weakest areas as planned, but some of the stuff I didn't read yet I need to brush up on esp. acid/base rxns and stuff like that.

Any help wld be greatly appreciated.

c.s.

Members don't see this ad.

I did Kaplan as well and, like you, I didn't exactly keep up with their schedule. If you're a bit removed from some of the topics, you should definitely try to get through those notes so you have the concepts down. Practice tests do the most good (IMO) when used as building blocks on top of the basics. You can try to pepper in some practice questions from the topics you already know so you have those down. If gen chem is giving you problems but everything else is solid, then you can try to do BS and VR sectionals. Then, once you have the PS topics covered, start doing those sectional tests and full-lenghts.

If you HAVE to choose between knowing the information and doing practice questions on the information, I'd opt for knowing the info. I feel like it gives you more tools to answer the questions in a shorter amount of time. Of course, only you know how you do on standardized tests, so make sure you take your personal trends into consideration.

(This post is legal tender. It's monetary value is $0.02)

You'd probably feel a lot better if you pushed the date back a little, maybe until august.

I already pushed it back twice, plus I just submitted my primary ap so there is no more money. I will retake if I have to. I just DON'T want to.

c.s.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can finish the last third in 4 weeks. I did it. It's POSSIBLE. I did the last set of assignments (including all the section tests) in 4 weeks exactly. Put EVERYTHING you humanly have into that studying and you can do it.

[However, that's all the advice I have, unfortunately.]

push the test back.

or

work like a mad man (or woman, realistically... it shouldn't take you 4 weeks to do the last third of kaplan review anyways

4 weeks is a-l-o-t of time.