TBR phase III: how long should I time myself?

Started by elloL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

elloL

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been looking for this answer everywhere. I looked through the books and they didn't give how much time you are given for phase III. I have been giving myself 1.4 min for the 59 questions so 82.6 minutes. Should I give myself the standard 95 minutes that the actual MCAT gives you?
 
The general rule is that you should allot 3 minutes per passage and 1 minute per question. That will give you a pace slightly faster than what you need to finish the MCAT on the exact second time expires.

For Phase 3 practice exams in general chemistry and physics, give yourself 95 minutes to complete the 59 questions and ten passages, like the MCAT timing associated with the C/P section.

For organic chemistry, give yourself 36 minutes for the 30-question phase 3s. For biology, give yourself 45 minutes for every block of five passages that you do.
 
Last edited: