Giving up after rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waveringatom

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys reach out to the school after they reject you or no? I received a pre-secondary rejection from KCU probably due to being screened out for having a low sGPA. Not sure if I should just move on.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys reach out to the school after they reject you or no? I received a pre-secondary rejection from KCU probably due to being screened out for having a low sGPA. Not sure if I should just move on.

move on

Move on. Dont give up. If you dont get in this year improve your app

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m going to be the voice of dissension here and say it depends on how the rejection was worded. Some schools put you in a separate pile to be reviewed later for a secondary, especially if you’re a non-trad with old grades and then a big upward trend.

If you’re still taking classes you can send them an update when the semester is over if your gpa improves and they might take another look at you. This is what I was recommended to do by an associate dean at a school I applied to. You can show interest without seeming desperate or looking like a pest. Some schools like ongoing correspondence, some don’t.

If you had a too low sGPA, then what is there to contact them about?

60% of applicants never get I to medschool, so what you need to be thinking about is your Plan B, until you have an accept emailing your inbox,