-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Glasgow/Edinburgh/RVC/Dublin
Started by lalzi22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still nothing...I barely slept all night waiting for the email
Oooh congrats SoBe!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Ok then, its official, everyone start refreshing their inboxes! I didnt make the GEP program b/c my GPA was below 3.4. Oh well, I'm still happy I got the offer, its more than what any other vet school has done for me! Hopefully this will be the last time I apply! Good luck to everyone!
4 year! 
still nothing...are they sending rejections at the same time?
Dont give up just yet cattycat! They send out a lot of offers so keep on checking for the next 2 hours!🙂
:checks empty mailbox: sadness.
:checks empty mailbox: sadness.
me too 🙁 But I did just email Yvonne and she said that she has some more offers and the rejections to send out next year so.....more waiting. ugh, this sucks!
next year? So i guess if we dont hear today we know the answer?
next year? So i guess if we dont hear today we know the answer?
not exactly....here is what she said:
"I know how anxious you must be, I can confirm that I sent some offers this
afternoon but still have some offers and the rejections to send out, which
will now be done next year.
I am sorry that I do not have any other news for you at this time.
Have a lovely Christmas.
All the best
Yvonne"
not exactly....here is what she said:
"I know how anxious you must be, I can confirm that I sent some offers this
afternoon but still have some offers and the rejections to send out, which
will now be done next year.
I am sorry that I do not have any other news for you at this time.
Have a lovely Christmas.
All the best
Yvonne"
Aw...that makes me so sad. Two whole weeks and a possible( likely) rejection....
Aw...that makes me so sad. Two whole weeks and a possible( likely) rejection....
Yup, that's exactly how I feel...
That's so mean! I'm sorry you guys have to wait a little longer, but I have my fingers crossed for you! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks guys.. I'm just so disappointed now. This whole process has been an rollercoaster and is making me a crazy-blackberry-addicted-SDN-stalking-freaking-out-over-nothing person. 🙁
I wish I knew if it was a yes or a no. I would be okay with that and could move on but dragging stuff out over the period of MONTHS is awful.
I wish I knew if it was a yes or a no. I would be okay with that and could move on but dragging stuff out over the period of MONTHS is awful.
I was at the dentist this morning getting my teeth cleaned when I felt it...a vibration from my crackberry. I made her stop, with the toothpaste and sucky thing still in my mouth to check my email...SUCCESS!!!!!
Good luck to those of you still waiting!
Good luck to those of you still waiting!
That's awesome! Congratulations to everyone that's heard already!
I am so excited to tell you that I got the congratulatory email this morning. I can't stop shaking. This is the best feeling!! 
Congratulations to all the others who got the same email.
Sorry to the others, but don't give up hope. Yvonne said there were more acceptances to send out.

Congratulations to all the others who got the same email.
Sorry to the others, but don't give up hope. Yvonne said there were more acceptances to send out.
Hooray, Warm congratulations to those of you that have heard!! To those still waiting I hope the New Year brings you great news and only acceptance letters.
i've also got nothing 🙁
Ahhhhhhh I got accepted to the 5-year program at Edinburgh! *dies*
Still waiting on all the US schools I applied to, so we'll see?
Still waiting on all the US schools I applied to, so we'll see?
Accepted into both programs at Edinburgh and they asked me to choose which one I wanted. Definitely choosing the 4 year 🙂 Anyone else get some good news? Has anyone been to visit the school?
Also, for RVC, how do you know if you are being considered for the 4 or 5 year program? I just confirmed my interview but want to know which program I am going to be considered for. Did anyone receive info on this?
Also, for RVC, how do you know if you are being considered for the 4 or 5 year program? I just confirmed my interview but want to know which program I am going to be considered for. Did anyone receive info on this?
Last edited:
I visited Edinburgh and the school (not on an Open Day, though) and I really liked it. This summer the whole Easter Bush campus additions are slated to open--don't know if they will be on time or what.
As for London, I don't know how they consider it, either... I wasn't sure with Edinburgh, but I guess they just look at your academic history and know which makes sense or if you are on the borderline.
I haven't visited london, but I would really like to. I am having a hard time imagining what the schools are like just by reading about them and seeing a handful of pictures. And it's so important to know enough, given the investment of time and money we will be making!
Anyone set on Edinburgh?
As for London, I don't know how they consider it, either... I wasn't sure with Edinburgh, but I guess they just look at your academic history and know which makes sense or if you are on the borderline.
I haven't visited london, but I would really like to. I am having a hard time imagining what the schools are like just by reading about them and seeing a handful of pictures. And it's so important to know enough, given the investment of time and money we will be making!
Anyone set on Edinburgh?
For all of you that got into Edinburgh's 4 or 5 year program via late applications, when did you send Geraldine or whomever else all of your information? Are they still accepting late apps? Did you guys apply via VMCAS?
Congratulations by the way!!!! 🙂
Congratulations by the way!!!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all of you that got into Edinburgh's 4 or 5 year program via late applications, when did you send Geraldine or whomever else all of your information? Are they still accepting late apps? Did you guys apply via VMCAS?
Congratulations by the way!!!! 🙂
They are still accepting late apps--I saw it on their website just an hour ago. I know Alaska Grad was accepted via a late app.. Not sure about the others. I applied via VMCAS on October 2nd... 🙂
I just e-mailed them, but does anyone know if Edinburgh wants our fall transcript post-acceptance?
I am assuming that everything we need to know will be included in the packet/package they referenced in their e-mail that will be sent in early January. It says there may or may not be certain conditions, so I'm assuming they want transcripts eventually to make sure you secured the appropriate grades in the appropriate classes. I wouldn't send any transcripts now, they aren't even open until the beginning of the new year so be patient and wait for your package and I'm sure it will point you in the right direction.
Congrats to everyone by the way, right now I am 80% sure I am going to Edinburgh, it really depends on my CSU application however even if I get in its going to be hard to turn Edinburgh down.
Congrats to everyone by the way, right now I am 80% sure I am going to Edinburgh, it really depends on my CSU application however even if I get in its going to be hard to turn Edinburgh down.
'Congrats to everyone by the way, right now I am 80% sure I am going to Edinburgh, it really depends on my CSU application however even if I get in its going to be hard to turn Edinburgh down.
Woo hoo! It's exciting to finally think I can identify future classmates! I haven't decided yet, but Edinburgh has been my top choice now for about a year and a half at least... Anyone else planning on going? I know flyhi is...
We should try and get a list of those going to SanFran for the reception in February, I would love to go out with some of you all and get to know future classmates better and even look into the possibility of flat-shares so I can avoid university housing. As February draws closer we can get a better idea of who is going...
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
Manhattan: February 4th
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
Manhattan: February 4th
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Manhattan: February 4th
I am definitely going to Edinburgh because it has always been my first choice. I like this idea of seeing who is going to what reception so we can meet our future classmates.
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Manhattan: February 4th
I am definitely going to Edinburgh because it has always been my first choice. I like this idea of seeing who is going to what reception so we can meet our future classmates.
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
For me it's going to depend on what happens with my other schools in-state. Otherwise I'm going to start losing my mind about getting myself, my 4 cats, my boyfriend and all my things over the ocean. And I would have to sell my horse. Uuugh.
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
For me it's going to depend on what happens with my other schools in-state. Otherwise I'm going to start losing my mind about getting myself, my 4 cats, my boyfriend and all my things over the ocean. And I would have to sell my horse. Uuugh.
Uggh. Don't think I can go to the reception, but I want to. I have to travel to two other interviews just before and just after and so I can't add a couple of days anywhere and still be on good terms with my boss! 🙁
Uggh. Don't think I can go to the reception, but I want to. I have to travel to two other interviews just before and just after and so I can't add a couple of days anywhere and still be on good terms with my boss! 🙁
Trust me, I know how you feel! I'm asking for three days off that week in Feb, then 3 days off 10 days later...and hopefully more for other interviews. If I can just get people to cover those shifts, I'll be golden. I mean, I figure in another few months I could potentially be leaving for vet school anyhow, so I might as well!
Trust me, I know how you feel! I'm asking for three days off that week in Feb, then 3 days off 10 days later...and hopefully more for other interviews. If I can just get people to cover those shifts, I'll be golden. I mean, I figure in another few months I could potentially be leaving for vet school anyhow, so I might as well!
I know how you both feel! My work is very accepting, and willing to let me go to my interviews. I have let them know that this year, I have gotten in for sure, so they will need to hire a new tech come summer anyways.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know how you both feel! My work is very accepting, and willing to let me go to my interviews. I have let them know that this year, I have gotten in for sure, so they will need to hire a new tech come summer anyways.![]()
Yeah, fortunately my boss is SUPER excited for me and enthusiastic about me getting in. Although she regularly tells me that I am never allowed to leave the clinic, she wrote me a fantastic eLOR this year and was thrilled about my Edinburgh acceptance.
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Orchidsyfins - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
lalzi22- oh hell yes
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Orchidsyfins - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
lalzi22- oh hell yes
San Francisco: February 2nd
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Orchidsyfins - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
lalzi22- oh hell yes
KLM8 - going
Congratulations KLM8!
psjlg2 = definitely going
DogTyred - going
Orchidsyfins - going
Manhattan: February 4th
Wolphcats - most likely
Whyevernot55 - going! Unless I can't get the days off...
lalzi22- oh hell yes
KLM8 - going
Congratulations KLM8!
Anyone else insanely curious about the "possible conditions" that edinburgh may send out early next year? All I'm hoping is that those conditions pertain to spring semester (things that can be changed) rather than this past fall semester. I got a C in BioChem I and am a bit worried that a condition could possibly be that I got a B or better or something like that.
On a happier note, my mom and her best friend and I already bought tickets to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the 6th August!! Anyone else possibly going?
On a happier note, my mom and her best friend and I already bought tickets to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on the 6th August!! Anyone else possibly going?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 698
- Views
- 84K
- Locked
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 915