Glasgow/Edinburgh/RVC/Dublin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
REALLY? You didn't have to do the vet cert AT ALL if you go on the QM2?!?!?! That just seems... weird to me! But jeez, would be nice to have one less thing to worry about. :(

hhmm, let me clarify. Yes, i had to do the EU vet cert, but i did not have to do the HEALTH cert req'd by airlines 10 days prior to leaving. Still had to do the flea, tick and tapeworm treatment 24-48 hrs prior to check in.

sorry for the confusion.

Members don't see this ad.

ok, this is insanely confusing. comparing broadband and landline packages. Also, my place has a tv license, does this include the basic channels, or do i still have to sign up for a tv plan? ahhhhhh

I'm in between Sky, BT and Plus Net. It looks like most international calling plans allow you to call the US and if you hang up before 30 min (60 min on some), you are not charged. Is this true?

Also, the whole limit on download usage space (10Mb, 20Mb, etc) is all new.

Anyone want to shed some light on what service they have, like, dislike, etc? This is getting nuts. Plus, it looks like it takes about 10 days to get it all hooked up.. Ahhhhhh :scared:

Hey guys I was wondering if you knew of any good places to stay in edinburgh while Im looking for a flat. Ive been searching, but most places are over $100 a night and my mom is coming with me for 6 nights. Im trying to save as much money as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was wondering what I would need to to have to rent and apartment. Like what type of references. Ive been looking up flats but most dont tell you how much the deposits are and what you need to apply to rent.

Thanks!

Hey guys I was wondering if you knew of any good places to stay in edinburgh while Im looking for a flat. Ive been searching, but most places are over $100 a night and my mom is coming with me for 6 nights. Im trying to save as much money as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was wondering what I would need to to have to rent and apartment. Like what type of references. Ive been looking up flats but most dont tell you how much the deposits are and what you need to apply to rent.

Thanks!

Don't know where to stay, I can ask around. But, I do know that for apartments deposit is usually around 1 months rent. I've had back luck with some renters (wanting me to pay 6 months up front if I don't have a UK guarantor) but others have had lots of luck. I rented one place and paid a deposit and all they needed was proof that I had funds in my account (ie, UK bank account with your deposit check sitting in it) and a guarantor in general, from the U.S. worked. My advice, start looking and even start booking appointments to look at flats before you get here. Good luck :)