Glitch at the end of the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncomingstorm7

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I had day 2 my step 3 exam today and my good feeling of almost being finished was ruined by a computer issue at the end of the test. Basically, I had finished the last CCS case and hit the end block screen. At this point it’s supposed to take you to a survey, but instead, I went to a white screen where it got stuck. They tried rebooting the computer twice, but it would just go back to the same screen. They said my name had a green check by it which means I finished the exam. They were unable to print a day completion report however. I called the Prometric customer care number given to me, and they didn’t provide any help besides telling me to email [email protected], which I did, but since it’s past 5 on Friday, I’m sure I won’t hear anything from them for a while. Of course, now I’m freaking out that things didn’t submit right, so I’m wondering if anyone has ever heard of someone having an issue like this before? Thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

NBME is usually good at returning emails. You should prob hear from them by Monday. You emailed them of the situation so you have proof this did occur. The test should have been submitted so no need to worry. You probably just didnt get a chance to do the survey which is a plus in my opinion. Maybe get the persons name at the Prometric center in case.

sorry for you pal. I hope it will work out fine. We need a topic on the forum for Prometric technical failures and if something was done about. Some people report super slow speed during CCS cases. It is like Prometric does not have a cable internet with sufficient stable speed? I saw people reported an interrupted test. Some reports loud noise outside a center on their test day like construction in the building which Prometric does not bother to inform in advance for rescheduling. Outrageous!

Last edited:
Quick update for posterity. The NBME emailed me back after a short review and said that they received all my content. Crisis averted!

Reactions: 1 user
I had the exact same issue, and it will definitely amp up your post-test anxiety. You already did what you need to and will be just fine. I did the same thing and NBME told me everything was uploaded and it all worked out just fine come score time. Good job being done!