Global warming my a...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Heartland Institute's official position is that the current field of climate science is wrong in their assessment of global climate data and models. I like that this author (a public policy expert, not a climate scientist by any means), self identifies as a 'climate realist', whereas, all those other buffoons are 'climate alarmists.'

Members don't see this ad.

You

Your article is about what the Heartland institute thinks? The same institute that is sponsored by the oil companies and the Koch brothers?

I'm clearly not going to convince how ridiculous your position is. Just look around the world at melting glaciers, decreasing sea ice extent, and rising sea water (this is VERY real. Look up what's happening already in South Florida during king tide periods). If you can't see what's around you and are being blinded by data put out by oil companies whose survival and profits are dependent on you falling for it, then I can't help you.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion including you.

But here is more global warning for you:
Freezing Tokyo sees most ambulance calls for 80 years

Thousand of penguin chicks die of starvation in Antarctica breeding 'catastrophe'

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re just fu(king with us, citing these as evidence against global warming, right?
Some random thermometer reading a degree higher than usual here and there versus people dying from the cold? What do you think is more relevant?

Some random thermometer reading a degree higher than usual here and there versus people dying from the cold? What do you think is more relevant?

Still not sure if you are for reals. But I did like the penguin article.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm going to pretend this whole conversation never happened and that you're really just f*ing with us.

Reactions: 1 users
The way I understand it is the difference between a cross sectional study, versus a longitudinal study.

Just because its cold for a few days or weeks this winter (cross section) doesn't mean the entire year(longitudinal) is gonna be on average colder. Gotta balance out all the seasons and see.

So a harsh winter can be balanced out by an average of five years where the average temperature is warmer than usual.