Go BUCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedQuest

Da Truth
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Were going to the national championship game. What a game. I need to give it to both teams, they both played good football except for michigans turnover. Jim Tressel for President

Members don't see this ad.

And the wolverines bite the dust...:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
get real! miami almost lost to pit on thursday night. I don't understand why people don't like ohio state. I know why. It is because we have a coach that runs a clean program and is all about school pride. I guess people just like to see a bunch of thugs win.

on a neutral field, or on the road, ohio state would have a very tough time beating pitt.

:p

but if u watch the last games by miami against schools like rutgers and pitt, they didnt play well and most of the time they had to rally back to win, on the other hand ohio state pretty much takes it stand at the beggining of every game apart from the psu one :p and the michigan one.

Originally posted by immediatespring
but if u watch the last games by miami against schools like rutgers and pitt, they didnt play well and most of the time they had to rally back to win, on the other hand ohio state pretty much takes it stand at the beggining of every game apart from the psu one :p and the michigan one.

this is not entirely true. granted miami did get lazy against rutgers (and summarily pounded them in the second half), but pitt is a top 20 team this year with some pretty good talent. osu went down to the wire also with cincy, illinois, wisconsin and purdue ("respectable" teams at best) , along with those penn state and michigan games.

i'm not anti ohio state, but they just dont match up

anyways, lets take this to the lounge.........

bump. So where are all the michigan fans now. ha ha ha. I do have to say that you guys played a good game.

Go Bucs indeed! What a day! Wish I were in Columbus now burning couches or turning over cars!

I live here in Tempe right now and am planning to use the fact that Ohio State is coming to MY town to my applicant advantage...no opportunity left untapped for this premed.

I plan to streak nearly naked during halftime with my AMCAS app and Ohio State secondary in one hand, a bag of Tostitos in the other! I'll be the 5'10" 135 pound brunette in the hunter green thong!

I'd do just about anything to go back to Ohio for med school!

Oh and by the way, I am a Michigan fan.

Hey what can I say, Navarre sucks. Ever since Henson left to go play baseball for the Stankees, our offense has suffered.

We'll be back next year. We have Matt Gutierrez, the red-shirt freshman, starting next year. He is an awesome quarterback from the best high school football program in the nation. He went to Concord (CA) De La Salle HS, where they haven't lost a game in 10 years!

Congrats. Buck*sses. Even you have to win some next year. Oh well, Michigan still dominates the matchup. Until next year guys.

Big Blue will be back. Just wait.

Navarre will still be starting next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tressel is 2-0 versus the whoooooooooooverines. He will be 3-0 next year. your quarterback may be freshmen quarterback may be awesome but that was in high school. I saw him running around today as a WR and let look very suspect. Making the transition from a high quarterback to a college one is a big one. If he does start next year he will make many mistakes because of his inexperience. michigan is in for a long season next year if he starts.

And Clarett couldn't make the HS to College adjustment?

If he can do it, so can Gutierrez. We'll see. Is Krenzel coming back? Did you guys catch that he was Pre-Med!

Congrats to BUCKEYE FANS!

Its unfortunate though that we will never know if Ohio St. is the best team in the Big 10. Iowa-Ohio St. would be a great game. Its a shame only the big 12 and sec have championship games, i think all major conferences need a championship game. I mean we really dont know if Ohio St. is the best team in their own conference yet they will be playing in the natl championship. Its a damn shame. Oh well, Good luck to Ohio St. in the Fiesta !

That was a great game. Congrats to OSU. I have to agree though that Miami will probably win big over OSU (assuming that's the match up). Oklahoma is the best one-loss team and would give Miami the best challenge. BTW, I'd root for OSU in a BCS match up versus Miami, since they'd be the underdog -- I'm not an OSU basher.

(I'll take cover now in anticipation of an OSU tidal wave) :)

hell ya clarett was able to make the transition but that is because he is a running back. The transition is a lot easier to make than the QB spot. OSU lineman need to get credit. the running back needs holes right.

anybody agree with my post above

football is allabout the line......its damn near the whole game and no one realizes it.....good linemen that dominate = win

To all the Foolverine fans who tried to bash OSU the last go 'round (before the game even happened, last weekend I believe) we had over the OSU v. Michigan issue,

First of all, as I said all along, what was Michigan even playing for? The chance to be the spoiler? What does it matter? The spoiler Michigan has played before, give them credit for that. But, those days are over. (Aside: Michigan should want Ohio State going to the National Championship, as win or lose, Ohio State brings in money for the conference, money Michigan can now use to pay off it's BASKETBALL debts. Having Coach Amaker at Michigan is a waste of basketball genius). Anyway, Coach Tressel coaches with a level of respect, standards, and ethics unseen for the most part in athletics today either at the collegiate or professional level. After only two seasons he has proven himself more than any coach in Ohio State's history and mark my words will rival Woody Hayes as the greatest ever. During the days under Coach Blooper ('93, '95, and '96 seasons since those got the most attention lately) the players didn't care about winning, they were great winners, but didn't have the heart that the teams under Tressel have. Michiganders have history, but Ohio Staters have the future. And the future looks much brighter for Ohio State than it does for Michigan. Oh, and all this talk about Guiterez or whoever that jokester is. Have you all forgotten about Justin Zwick, the NUMBER ONE recruited freshman player and QB in the NATION last year, picked Ohio State over Miami and the rest of the #1 recruited freshman class at Ohio State, a class that includes Maurice Clarett? My advice to Ohio State haters, don't forget about them, they'll be back again and will be champs again.

Secondly, enough talk about how great Michigan is or was this season. Someone said in this thread that OSU is overrated. Why would a Michigan fan say that? Ohio State just beat them. If they were overrated, than shouldn't Michigan have won? I'll say it, though. The way Michigan played today (and the other games I've seen them play this season) they were INDEED overrated. But, it's Michigan, they have a storied history so let's just worship them, right? WRONG! That's the mentality and luckily for us in the Ohio State camp, it doesn't matter. For example, even the Michigan fans can admit this. Late in the 3rd quarter of today's game, Brent Musberger says something to the effect that both teams had played well up to that point, but Michigan was dominating. Dominating?? They were limited to THREE FIELD GOALS all game from their THIRD-string place kicker. That's domination? I don't think so. Michigan also has THREE LOSSES, one of them to Notre Dame (a team that everyone thought was so great, but lost to Boston College and almost lost to Navy, a team that Duke even beat). Not all that impressive.

Thirdly, Big Ten conference championship. Personally, I think it's a crock that Ohio State has to share the Big Ten title, just like it was a crock that Duke shared the ACC Title in basketball the year it won the National Championship and the Tar Holes lost to Penn State in the second round. Iowa lost to Iowa State, Ohio State beat then ranked Washington State. The other conferences that have championships have two more teams each in their conferences, so that is the major factor in having that game. Those conferences aren't playing any more games, or against wild, high-ranking, out of nowhere teams. They're playing, for the most part, teams they've already played. If they beat them during the regular season, they should beat them during the championship. The BCS is a ridiculous system anyway. But, this year it worked. Ohio State, the undefeated Buckeyes, are going to the championship game. Iowa lost early on, and they don't deserve a shot. OSU didn't choke and lose to teams like Texas A & M or Boston College or Syracuse or Iowa State. They found ways to win, had big plays, ran the ball, passed the ball, and got physical. That's how OSU wins football games. It's their style to wear down opponents, good opponents (Big Ten is the best conference by far and they beat up on each other every year, that's why people cough and smirk when they see that OSU almost lost to Illinois. Ha, they say, OSU is OVERRATED, but they all quickly forget that Illinois was the defending Big Ten champion), and have the heart and stamina to do it, with or without their best players. You put Ohio State in the Big East and they're undefeated and raising eyebrows (for some odd reason or another) every year just like Miami does. Those who knock Ohio State, knock what is great about football. Tradition, work ethic, standards, and a desire to win and to have heart. That's why Ohio State is going to the championship game, win or lose, they deserve it far above and beyond any team, ANY team still yet to have their post-exhibition (since that's what the college football season is anyway) season determined.

GO BUCKS!!!

Share? What? I thought that was impossible...Iowa has a loss....they really suck bad! My little school almost beat 'em...

Here's another quick thing about conference championships that doesn't really make sense and goes against the argument to have them.

Let's say the Big Ten has a conference championship like the SEC and the Big 12. Okay, so Iowa and Ohio State play in the title game and Iowa does win, hypothetically. (BTW, Iowa's quarterback, should in my opinion definitely be a HIGH candidate for the Heisman, Banks, I think?). So, three things that are ridiculous would happen:

1) Iowa, undefeated in the Big Ten, but with one loss to a jokester team is the Big Ten representative. Big Ten representative to what? With their one loss they still don't get to compete for a national title, since they have a loss.

2) Ohio State, with one loss as well overall (to the Big Ten champ and winner over Michigan, a team they beat) still has one loss, and doesn't get to compete for the national title either, and possibly not even a BCS Bowl game, with only ONE loss?

3) Now a team like Oklahoma who lost to an "out of the blue" team like Texas A & M, wins their conference, and because of the updated BCS numbers gets to play in the championship game.

How is that a fair system?

Bottomline is you can't expect conference championships to co-exist universally with the BCS system. In NCAA basketball, conference championships are a must, because the conference champion automatically gets a spot in the Tournament, and a chance for the National Title, even if it is slim for some of the smaller conferences. It's still a chance. But, in football, if Iowa State were to beat Ohio State (hypothetically) in a conference championship, they still WOULD NOT neccessarily be given a chance to compete for the title, the BCS numbers game comes in.

In any case, Ohio State is a great team with ZERO losses, and they deserve the shot at the title. GO BUCKS and GO DUKE!

WOOHOO!!!!!! GO BUCKS!!! What a great game to be at and what a day in Columbus it was, despite dodging the pepper spray and tear gas and rioters!!

Everyone from Ohio State,

Are you all okay after festivities?

GO BUCKS!

Actualy, from what I have heard, post game festivities were rather demure..no full blown riot this year....just lots of drunken kids running around in the streets...

Now had OSU lost....I would expect over turned cars burning in the streets....

dukebluedev

hey man, you write too much. I lost track of what you were saying after paragraph 1. good thing you weren't a writer for the verbal mcat.

There were at least 15 cars overturned and burning in the streets of Columbus, I don't know what news you've been looking at, if you think it was mild.

Hey, Lavidee, it figures you wouldn't understand what I was saying, I should have realized that Foolverine students would be reading the posts and wouldn't have a clue. But, I guess that's Michigan's style, act smart and act cocky when they do well, return to their dumb selves when they don't.

Anyway, bottomline about my posts:

In: Ohio State dominance
Out: Michigan dominance

Get used to it!

man dukey,

i'm just playin with ya.
typical dukey though- my sister went there as well and she's so freaking long winded. get to the point.
ranting and raving.. and then when someone calls you out-- it's never you- it's just the other person's ignorance.

well believe what you will.

lavidee i was also wondering why he was writing essays on a football thread ?!?

no offense to u dukeblu and crap, shouldnt this be in the lounge?

i was at the OSU-M*ch*g*n game. anyone else? greatest OSU game of my lifetime.

didn't charge the field though, I was in C deck. and got off High Street before midnight.

GO BUCKEYES!

Yeah the game was great, wasnt it? I was so excited and thrilled. I did go out on the field though, and albeit not directly, did get pepper sprayed! It was awful and I was very appalled at the behavior of the police. Students were not acting violently or even really idiotically. They were acting celebratory and got pepper sprayed off the field. It was an awful situation. As for the riots afterwards, I saw that too. There were cars on fire and people put a couch in the middle of High St. and lit that on fire as well. When we saw the cops aiming their rubber bullet guns and beginning to tear gas the area, we got out of there!!

Yeah....strike that.....bunch of burning cars....my bad....I hate not getting columbus news anymore...it sucks....

I've been a Buckeye fan since my first OSU-Michigan game. November, 1979 (born in October). That game (also shown on tv today on classic sports) was the second greatest, next to this game on Saturday. But, unfortunately, I've never been to a game in the Shoe. One day, I hope. That complete my sporting fan experience. Football game in the Horseshoe, bball game in Cameron.

My blood may be Duke Blue, but deep down I'm a Buckeye at heart.

Oh, and to connect this to medical school, I'd like an interview at OSU, PLEASE!!!