1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Going abroad!.... but only 3 weeks??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BEETLEVH, Nov 19, 2002.

1. BEETLEVH

BEETLEVH Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm most likely going to India over the coming summer as a medical volunteer. I would also teach English while there. I know I'll get a great chance to understand the underpinnings of their healthcare system along with actually perform some level of healthcare. I'm a certified EMT and I'm Indian (though I was born in the US) and I'm fluent in a couple Indian languages. I think this will help me brush up on my Hindi while I'm there, which is a plus.

Now for the question. I can really only go for 3 weeks... 4 at the most. I plan on coming back and working in the ER as a tech and taking some summer courses so I can't stay abroad for too long. Do you think only 3 weeks abroad looks skimpy and half hearted to admissions? Don't get me wrong, I am most certainly NOT doing this to pad my resume! I just figure I might as well ask since it will end up on my app. What do you think? I'd really appreciate the responses!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think that 3 weeks would look good.