Going abroad!.... but only 3 weeks??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BEETLEVH

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm most likely going to India over the coming summer as a medical volunteer. I would also teach English while there. I know I'll get a great chance to understand the underpinnings of their healthcare system along with actually perform some level of healthcare. I'm a certified EMT and I'm Indian (though I was born in the US) and I'm fluent in a couple Indian languages. I think this will help me brush up on my Hindi while I'm there, which is a plus.

Now for the question. I can really only go for 3 weeks... 4 at the most. I plan on coming back and working in the ER as a tech and taking some summer courses so I can't stay abroad for too long. Do you think only 3 weeks abroad looks skimpy and half hearted to admissions? Don't get me wrong, I am most certainly NOT doing this to pad my resume! I just figure I might as well ask since it will end up on my app. What do you think? I'd really appreciate the responses!!

Members don't see this ad.