1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Going InSanIum in the Cranium lol

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by iSmile5, Dec 6, 2008.

1. iSmile5

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So here we are, almost a week after Dec 1st and I am still waiting on some good news. I know I don't have horrible stats and my interviews were not all in November so one would expect that I would hear something by now... just to let you know this is a venting thing for me so if you don't want to read it you do not have to... I am gonna talk about the 7(actually only 6 b/c I was rejected by Penn earlier) schools I applied to

Buffalo: Waitlisted me, got the official letter yesterday. This is particularly sad for me because they were my top choice... I called them to ask about the waitlist and all they could tell me was that I was on the top 1/3 of it, but does that help? I would really like to think I still have a chance but who knows?

NYU: Still heard nothing! I live in Michigan, mail should not move that slowly?! I called them and all they could say was that a letter was sent out... maybe the dog ate it?

Temple: Still nothing... best part was they told me to call back yesterday to check on my status and drum roll please.... the person they are waiting on to review my file is OUT OF TOWN! Yay me... I guess that means I could be waiting indefinatly for some person to decide to come home and review my file...

Michigan: They only reviewed files up to Oct 17th (some of them). Enough said... I was in November and probably wont hear anything for a month or two?

UofDetroit Mercy: Still have no update on my interview status... it is one thing to wait for acceptances but they need to not be so late in the game... too bad I was actually very interested in their school...

Case: Is it even worth it anymore? I have an interview scheduled in January, but, if I get in somewhere (which I hope I do soon) it might not be worth it, maybe it is... I have no idea what to do.

The End.

P.S. To all of you who got accepted, congrats to you! I am not trying to be bitter, I am just anxious and scared of waiting. :oops:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chesnok

Chesnok Waiting game has ended
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You should be fine, if didn't bomb the interviews; your stats are above average, but I'm not adcoms :)
    Good luck.