Going on interview without STEP 2 CK score aPD, gutonc, others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gretzky25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to read this thread. So my question is that I am a Caribbean - IMG (US-citizen) with step 1 - 240 and cs passed all on 1st attempt. I am applying family medicine (genuine interest) and have been blessed with a good number of interviews thus far. Due to a medical reason I have been delayed in taking Step 2ck.

My question is I have 3 interviews scheduled in November which I cannot schedule in any other time frame. For these 3 interviews I will not have my Step 2 CK score reported but will have already taken it. How detrimental is this since I will automatically let these programs know my score within 1 week after the interview?

Thanks again for your time and appreciate everyone's input.

Best regards to all this interview season.

Members don't see this ad.

My question is I have 3 interviews scheduled in November which I cannot schedule in any other time frame. For these 3 interviews I will not have my Step 2 CK score reported but will have already taken it. How detrimental is this since I will automatically let these programs know my score within 1 week after the interview

You'll be fine. Programs don't have to put their rank order list together until February/March timeframe. They will have all of the pieces of information they will want by the time they are making decisions. If they were willing to interview you without it, then it's a good sign.

Besides... hypothetically let's say it was a problem. Would you do anything differently? Cancel the interviews?

For exactly your reasons we will interview an pplicant without a Step 2 but do ask that you take it and have it posted in ERAS by February so we can consider it when working on the rank list. You'll be fine. As said earlier - you got the invitations so the hard part is done.