Going to be a Non-Trad

Started by suchomski
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

suchomski

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,
So here's my situation. I'm currently in my 5th undergrad year due to a transfer process and unaccepted transfer credits. I am currently looking at a 3.05 cGPA and a 2.96 sGPA after this semester. The trend looks sort of like a U. I did really well my freshman year at a school away from home and had to come back home to help my family financially. I was pulling about 25-30 hour work weeks my sophomore and junior year along with my studies as a biomedical sciences major. I will be EMT certified after this semester and work currently at a pharmacy as a pharmacy tech (3 years experience). I am planning on applying to a post-bacc program at Cornell and a few other schools. If I do extremely well in this program (3.8+ GPA), and the MCAT score I get rocks (38+ the program helps with studying for the MCAT), could anybody tell me what my chances might be applying to MD schools? I figured after another 32 credits of A grades my cGPA will look like a 3.21 and my sGPA about a 3.11. Is my GPA and experiences and post-bacc work enough for me to be considered for an interview?